SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars - The Last Jedi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars - The Last Jedi Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
When does kyle katarn enter the picture???

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Anakin was the chosen one, he did bring balance to the force, he killed all but two Jedi, and two Sith. Then he killed Palpatine (Darth Sidious) and became Anakin again, "killing" Darth Vader.

Luke has seen what happens when you go dark, from his father to his nephew. Like Obi Wan he failed and his apprentice went bad and caused all kinds of havoc.

Luke was the chosen one.
It was Mace Windu (Samuel Jackson) and his misplaced enthusiasm that anointed him the fulfiller of prophesies It was the Jedi Council and Yoda's lack of perception that resulted in the fall of the Republic and the subversive efforts of Darth Sidious.
The teachings and dogma that existed prior to the Republic's fall and Sith's reemergance, Luke is trying to hit the re-set button on. The Jedi lost their way, Ren's departure and killing spree, further confirmed that what the Jedi were teaching, wasn't complete and likely avoided certain subjects.

..that's my take anyways.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it, we got our tickets tonight too.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I'm stoked.

Unless they cut the trailer really well, it appears this will not be a "remake" of "The Empire Strikes Back" the same way "The Force Awakens" was a remake of "A New Hope."

I'm hoping for a new story line, with the new characters.

That said, I think this trailer is a misdirection/mind fuck...

THey make it appear that Kylo Ren and Rey are talking and one of them is gonna turn... If you look at the background, they aren't.

I'm excited for it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Is it me or does this installment have a lot of the color red in it? I know that the villains in SW always have red lightsabers.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
This trailer did nothing to make me want to see the movie more.

That being said, I will see this movie in theaters as it is Star Wars.

Myself as well, but I'll see it several weeks after the opening and hysteria wears off. I LOVE it when I go to an 11:00 matinee on a Tuesday and it's me and only 6 others in the theater... Smile

Because...Star Wars. Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
This trailer did nothing to make me want to see the movie more.

That being said, I will see this movie in theaters as it is Star Wars.

Myself as well, but I'll see it several weeks after the opening and hysteria wears off. I LOVE it when I go to an 11:00 matinee on a Tuesday and it's me and only 6 others in the theater... Smile

Because...Star Wars. Smile

That's the good stuff right there.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Looks fun.

Personally, I thought The Force Awakens was a great way of (mostly) pleasing old fans, while drawing in a new generation that grew up with the prequel mush and beyond.

There's speculation that Luke's discovered the Journal of the Whills, which would probably canonize (even more so) the Grey concept.

I'm loving where this is going.

(Keep in mind that they cut that trailer to make you think exactly what you're thinking.)

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is it me or does that trailer seem to point toward how they kill off Leia? Looks like that command ship she's on gets blowed up, blowed real good.

Posts: 33793 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
this was not the trailer I was looking for.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Is it me or does that trailer seem to point toward how they kill off Leia? Looks like that command ship she's on gets blowed up, blowed real good.

My thoughts exactly. Kylo is debating doing it. She feels it thru the force. Or its a trap!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

My thoughts exactly. Kylo is debating doing it. She feels it thru the force. Or its a trap!

I hope Kylo stays dark. Having him come to the light would just be too much of a let-down, IMO. But, even IF they turn him, they can't do so until Ep 9.

And I hope they kill off Leia. At least, then, they won't be tempted to insert her via crappy CGI like they did in Rogue One. . ..

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
And I hope they kill off Leia. At least, then, they won't be tempted to insert her via crappy CGI like they did in Rogue One. . ..

Ugh. Just like the saying, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

They could have made Leia and Tarkin holograms, or written them in as something else. Anything to conceal the shit-show that was that CGI. Also, newsflash for Hollywood: It's only going to look worse with time.

Shit even a lookalike with some hologram tweaks would have been better and would have looked less shitty, but especially in 10 or 20 years.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Shit even a lookalike with some hologram tweaks would have been better and would have looked less shitty, but especially in 10 or 20 years.

A lookalike with some makeup tweaks was used for Tarkin in Episode 3.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Seeing Sean Young in BR2049, there has been an advancement in recreating characters since the TFA. Another couple of years and you’ll be hard pressed to know the difference.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post