SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars - The Last Jedi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars - The Last Jedi Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
New Star Wars trailer premiered on Monday Night Football tonight. Your thoughts?

It’s Star Wars, so I am going to be predisposed to like it…but….I get a weird vibe from it. Like Luke is trying to end the Jedi? I don’t know. I’m really looking forward to the movie. Then next year we get the Han Solo prequel, so looking forward to that as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
So does Rey go darkside and Kylo go light?
Interesting....can't wait to see how it all plays out.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a freaking Pokémon on the dash of the Millenium Falcon!

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a freaking Pokémon on the dash of the Millenium Falcon!

LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Tickets bought.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I reserved marathon tickets

When the force awakens came the event showed 1-6 and then premiered 7....episode 1 started at 1 am and episode 7 at 7 pm...long day but I had a blast

The marathon this time is only force awakens then the last Jedi

Should be a blast!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Looks like they didn't trash Carrie Fisher's footage after all, which I think is a good thing.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Okay guys, I love Star Wars, but not like some. I've never read any of the books so am way out of the loop when it comes to areas beyond the movie.

Last night I listened to a discussion about the new trailer and how Luke can only bring an end to the Sith, by bringing an end to the Jedi and going back to the Gray Code?

Grey Code?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Grey Code?

Probably referring to Gray Jedi and their Code:

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Jedi_Order

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi_Code

Basically, a splinter group of Jedi in some of the Extended Universe material who don't see the Force as "good" (Light Side) vs. "evil" (Dark Side), but instead seek balance in the Force.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Grey Code?

Probably referring to Gray Jedi and their Code:

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Jedi_Order

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi_Code

Basically, a splinter group of Jedi in some of the Extended Universe material who don't see the Force as "good" (Light Side) vs. "evil" (Dark Side), but instead seek balance in the Force.

That is really cool, thanks for sharing the link. The concept makes sense, practice and understand every area of the force. Have the discipline to do the right thing.

How can the Jedi maximize their powers and defeat the Sith if they are afraid to explore the extent of their own powers. That is something that has always bugged me about Jedi.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
So, does Kylo kill his mother? Ughh, I can't wait. It seems Luke is almost certain that Rey won't be able to resist the dark side. This one looks like it will be much better than the last turd, I hope so.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
So, does Kylo kill his mother? Ughh, I can't wait. It seems Luke is almost certain that Rey won't be able to resist the dark side. This one looks like it will be much better than the last turd, I hope so.

By the last turd, I'm assuming you mean The Force Awakens.

And I will of course see this movie. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it in the theater.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Was that a funeral pyre? Like what we saw on Endor? With a mechanical hand pushing through the burning wood? Like what Darth Vader had?

You all laughed when I said Vader was Snark, or Spork, or Snack, or...whatever his stupid name is...but I called it-Spark is Vader!

VADER LIVES!!1! Razz

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay guys, I love Star Wars, but not like some. I've never read any of the books so am way out of the loop when it comes to areas beyond the movie.

Last night I listened to a discussion about the new trailer and how Luke can only bring an end to the Sith, by bringing an end to the Jedi and going back to the Gray Code?

Grey Code?

Kylo and Snoke are not necessarily Sith, we haven't seen any evidence of that. They are just Dark Jedi or Dark force users.

Anakin was the chosen one, he did bring balance to the force, he killed all but two Jedi, and two Sith. Then he killed Palpatine (Darth Sidious) and became Anakin again, "killing" Darth Vader.

Luke has seen what happens when you go dark, from his father to his nephew. Like Obi Wan he failed and his apprentice went bad and caused all kinds of havoc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really torn about this trailer. I'll obviously see the movie, just not sure if I like the look of it so far or not. Maybe that's the point.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Was that a funeral pyre? Like what we saw on Endor? With a mechanical hand pushing through the burning wood? Like what Darth Vader had?

You all laughed when I said Vader was Snark, or Spork, or Snack, or...whatever his stupid name is...but I called it-Spark is Vader!

VADER LIVES!!1! Razz

Probably Luke crawling out of the debris of his Jedi School. Then you had the scene of him and R2 watching it all burn down.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
I'm really torn about this trailer. I'll obviously see the movie, just not sure if I like the look of it so far or not. Maybe that's the point.

I'm not a fan of the trailer and have a bad feeling about this movie.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by matai:

I'm not a fan of the trailer and have a bad feeling about this movie.

I see what you did there... Wink

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This trailer did nothing to make me want to see the movie more.

That being said, I will see this movie in theaters as it is Star Wars.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
This trailer did nothing to make me want to see the movie more.

That being said, I will see this movie in theaters as it is Star Wars.

+1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post