SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Poll...who was/is the most talented Beatle???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll...who was/is the most talented Beatle??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nelson Wilbury

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to Lennon lately. Lennon has more depth $ meaning than Paul's top 40 songs.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Paul McCartney was arguably the most well-rounded from a talent standpoint. He's also an extraordinary bassist, but rarely gets recognized as such, because The Beatles were better as a whole entity than solo.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I voted Paul. I saw him in concert last year in Tampa. Probably the best $500 I've ever spent on two tickets. Big Grin I'm not really a fan of him but he wrote some great songs and an opportunity to see one of the two remaining Beatles was too good to pass up. In terms of musicians, I can't think of any who could so many things as well as he can. He's a great bassist, one of the best if you talk to bass players. He can hold a beat on drums and he's underrated on guitar as he played prominent guitar on Beatles tracks such as Taxman and Good Morning, Good Morning.

I think his bass playing was incredible. In particular, I think his bass playing on Abbey Road was extraordinary. From what I've read, he didn't want to play bass, the Beatles had 3 guitar players already and needed someone to play bass. John and George sure as hell weren't going to do it so it defaulted to Paul.

As a drummer, I believe Ringo was awfully underrated. His creativity and consistency with timing was uncanny. He wasn't a fancy drummer but he always found the right part for the song.

John had the most raw emotion out of all of them. It likely had to do with his rough childhood, father leaving him, mother being killed by a drunk driver. The emotion he could put into a song to make it so personal was unmatched by others. Paul seemed to tend to write songs more geared commercial success.

I think George was incredibly talented and he is one of the most influential guitarists of all time. Like Ringo, he found the right guitar parts for the song. His slide guitar and leslie speaker guitar sounds are so distinct. All Things Must Pass is one of my favorite albums and some of the songs were very personal on there. I wish they would release a version of that album without all the overproduction from Phil Spector.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post