SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Washing Machine is about dead - what's good to buy new? Bad Icemaker in Fridge too.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing Machine is about dead - what's good to buy new? Bad Icemaker in Fridge too. Login/Join 
posted
My 2001 Maytag Neptune is just about shot. Rotator bearings are shot and it finally quit when the belt jumped off. I got the belt back on and finished the wash that was in there, but the belt is about half worn (half as wide as it should be) and is cutting into the rear of the plastic tub. I might be able to replace the bearings and/or tub assembly, but it will probably cost a significant percentage of a replacement.

So what's good out there now? Seems Whirlpool now owns various companies (Maytag, Kitchen-aid, and more). Not sure who OEM's Kenmore now. And the Samsung/LG stuff I've heard can have issues and it's hard to get service/parts for them.

I'm not fixated on getting another front loader but I do like them. Dryer is OK, but I can't stand an unmatched set (yeah, I know) since it's in a common part of the house (garage door to house passage with 1/2 bath and laundry).

Anyway, any opinions would be appreciated.

Also got a bad ice maker on my 2001 Kenmore side-by-side fridge - sensors can't detect level so it over flows with ice, and the ice maker itself has a plastic lining on the metal tray that is peeling off and getting into the ice. Replacement is pretty easy, but getting the right parts at a decent price is the biggest concern.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post