SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Perry Mason (HBO)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perry Mason (HBO) Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I thought that overall it was watchable and will watch the next season. It did have its pros and cons, though. I thought a lot of the acting was very good, especially Stephan Root as the DA (give that man an Emmy now).

I kept waiting him to ask for his red stapler. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I fall into the "watched a couple of episodes, just couldn't get into it" & "used the name to sucker people into watching a PC series set during a non-PC time frame".

I won't waste any more time on it.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I found the HBO series pretty entertaining overall. I can't say it was one of my favorite HBO series, but I watched it all and found the story interesting. Having never seen any of the original Perry Mason shows, I didn't have any issues with the casting or characters. They were all new to me.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
HBO wants you to believe tht more than half of the population of the entire planet is homosexual. They push this a great deal of- if not most of- their original programming. You're OK with that?

Statistically, this simply is not true, so, ask yourself why they do this.

Also, they want you to accept that heterosexual men are evil and women are entirely noble and brilliant and are victimized at all turns by the evil straight men.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ Same, all new characters for me, mostly through one episode and entertained so far

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I thought that overall it was watchable and will watch the next season. It did have its pros and cons, though. I thought a lot of the acting was very good, especially Stephan Root as the DA (give that man an Emmy now).

I kept waiting him to ask for his red stapler. Wink

Or the Super Karate Monkey Death Car

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5Hgzayhj8

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Season two March 6th. Looking forward to it

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Watched one episode. Took it off the list.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Season two March 6th. Looking forward to it

Hard to believe that it’s been 2 1/2 years since Season 1.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute... Della Street is gay, so is Hamilton Burger, and Paul Drake is black, in the 1930s? Roll Eyes

This sounds insanely stupid. Unreal.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with what Para wrote a couple years ago about these movie/TV folks wanting us to believe half the population is gay. My wife and I watch a lot of Britbox and Acorn and every dern newer mystery program has at least if not multiple Interracial couples... they'll even throw this in with period ones from the 30-'s or before....

To be totally up front... I'm extremely liberal and have no issue with either gays or interracial coupling... but I just have a problem with the show I'm watching not being more real.... but I guess the answer to that is it is all fantasy....

My latest bitch, which has nothing to do with this thread, is I'm finding it hard to believe a Texas Ranger (Walker) does not know how to handle a pistol.... Chuck Noris should be ashamed. And it's a damn Sig at that.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Wait a minute... Della Street is gay, so is Hamilton Burger, and Paul Drake is black, in the 1930s? Roll Eyes
We didn't even get far enough to discover that. If we had, that would've been the end of it. Not because of the LGBTQIAXYZ stuff, per se, but, for the anachronisms of it all. Roll Eyes indeed.

quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
This sounds insanely stupid. Unreal.
Perhaps because it is?

We turned it off because it wasn't even remotely "Perry Mason." It's a rather run-of-the-mill, pedestrian TV detective drama named "Perry Mason."

I'd rather watch the original series, low-res, 4:3 aspect ratio, mono sound, black and white episodes and all, than this shite

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post