SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tim Conway - sad to say goodbye
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tim Conway - sad to say goodbye Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted
News reports of Tim's death today.....

That guy made me laugh a lot. Big Grin

Bye Tim, happy trails.

We will miss you

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
One funny dude. RIP Sir

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I just read that

probably one of the funniest guys on TV, ever

his son is (was) a DJ on an LA radio station and I listened to him all the time when I was in LA

very sad news

RIP Mr. Conway

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...
I am sad to hear this.

The Carol Burnett Show was mandatory viewing in our house.

Him and Harvey Korman were a great team.

Watching him on McHales Navy made me want to join the Navy and be stationed on PBR/PT boats.

A very funny man who delivered a very clean family style show in which everyone could watch and one that was hilarious.

Besides being from Ohio, and Graduating from college in Ohio, he served our great nation in the United States Army.

I forgot the shows with Don Knotts which were just as funny.

I didn't know he served as the voice of Barnacle Boy.

It has been a bad week: Doris Day, Tim Conway, and last week Jim Fowler who was on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. A favorite of my wife and I. A very funny man.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think he was probably one of the funniest ad-lib people on tv at the time - perhaps even today

I remember a very famous sketch where they were all sitting on a sofa and Tim went off on one of his tangents and no one knew where it was going but everyone knew it was going to be a tea spitting good time - the elephant skit...

that and the dentist sketch come to mind as two of his best

and he never had to utter a single curse word to get a laugh

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I think he was probably one of the funniest ad-lib people on tv at the time - perhaps even today

I remember a very famous sketch where they were all sitting on a sofa and Tim went off on one of his tangents and no one knew where it was going but everyone knew it was going to be a tea spitting good time - the elephant skit...

that and the dentist sketch come to mind as two of his best

and he never had to utter a single curse word to get a laugh

His movies with Don Knotts were almost always great as well. Memories of those movies and the Carol Burnett show are so wrapped up in my childhood -- going to the theater with boyhood friends, watching the Burnett show in the family room with my late mother -- that the loss of Conway feels more impactful for me than a simple celebrity death.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post