SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Whiteys' horse..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whiteys' horse.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
rides 35 miles per hour, for 46 seconds, how far is Quigleys' shot to the bucket? Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Check the before and after odometer reading on the horse.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Approximately 790 yards.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
.4472 miles or 787.072 yards or 2361.216 feet

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
..a mite further.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
Check the before and after odometer reading on the horse.
17 yards per second.. Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Really close folks. I am going by what was on line and 782 yards. The 3 shots fired are doable at that yardage, fired from a fast shouldered rifle, I dont believe.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"You're hired."

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
LOL Mike, Simple as that is to calculate it stressed my brain on my cell phone calculator.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The first thing to question is "35 miles per hour."

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"double-set triggers, and a Vernier sight. It's marked up to twelve-hundred yards"

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The first thing to question is "35 miles per hour."
Maybe Trigger ate loco weed.. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I thought that quigly was the movie where three bad guys were taunting him all to hell, but from way way off.

then he takes a shot at them and it comes up 50 yards short of the bad guys.
so they giggle and taunt him more,

so he takes another shot at'em and it was closer , but still plenty short.

and the third shot takes one of them out

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I lost count bendable... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
the scene that I am remembering is not in that series, I wonder what movie I am thinking of,.

maybe Tom Horn

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I thought that quigly was the movie where three bad guys were taunting him all to hell, but from way way off.

then he takes a shot at them and it comes up 50 yards short of the bad guys.
so they giggle and taunt him more,

so he takes another shot at'em and it was closer , but still plenty short.

and the third shot takes one of them out

Lonesome Dove. Duvall's character, Gus, takes cover behind his dead horse (that he shot, if I remember right) after being chased by Comancheros.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Indian was doing a chicken dance and Gus elevated his rear sight on his lever gun. Right in the brisket.