SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Barbara Ann Alston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Barbara Ann Alston Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
Member of the legendary Crystals, joined at the hip to Phil Specter's wall of sound. The flu took her.

LINK

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Frown

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm surprised no one seems to remember The Crystals. Maybe if I put a face to Ms. Alston, some will look into what she left behind.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noted she passed in Charlotte, NC. Always loved hearing the oldies (not that old!) back in the '70s on a Charlotte AM radio station, WBT on Sunday night hosted by "Rockin' Ray". Loved that program, the music, the times, The Crystals. RIP Ms. Alston.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
RIP Barbara Ann Alston. 1962 was my older sister and brother music, but I remember the Crystals, down at Salisbury Beach in the summer on the boardwalk rides.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I remember the Crystals, that was my era's music.
The garage band I was in did this number with our doo-wop girls.
Welcome to Rock'N'Roll Heaven, Barbara.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I do miss this stuff!
FREE Phil.
RIP Barbara, Thanks.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post