SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Patriot (Amazon Series)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patriot (Amazon Series) Login/Join 
posted
Finished watching this earlier in the week. Anyone else watched it? Interesting show, plot is extremely fluid/jumpy sort of like the first season of Fargo. Enjoyed it.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Normally I don't go for quirky but I really enjoy this one

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I loved it. Just my style of dark humor. The protagonist's expressions every time something goes wrong just kill me.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
starting to watch this now. The first 5 or 10 minutes were, um, unpredictable. I mean, the scene with the truck.

yikes. is the whole series like this?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode awhile back. Was waiting for follow on episodes. I've since forgotten the story and premise.

I'll take a look again after I finish Tin Star.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
starting to watch this now. The first 5 or 10 minutes were, um, unpredictable. I mean, the scene with the truck.

yikes. is the whole series like this?

Not really. It isn't exceptionally violent if that stuff bugs you but it is a spy show and people do get killed of course. The filming style reminds me of Boondock Saints where the timeline jumps around some where you have an event and then a backstory.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
for some reason, this series isn't quite for me. Still getting over the truck scene in the first 5 minutes.

But, I await the new Clancey based show next spring.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
The best way I can describe this series to people is "Fargo meets Burn Notice". It's hysterical, but it is a very dark, absurd humor.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Agreed. One of my favorite series to watch. On a certain level, I can relate to John and what he is going through right now.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Watched the first season over the past week or so.

Excellent series.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Season two just dropped. Felt a bit slow at times but in the end I did like it still.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Best Description: If Wes Anderson made a Bond movie. Season One was great. Very entertaining.

Finished it this weekend. Season two kind of seemed to lose its mojo for a bit, but eventually recovered. I could have done without the full monty in season 2 (ep 5?). Hey no spoilers, but holy sh*t I wish someone had warned me. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The folk song lyrics to the scene in the Paris shop were a scream. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching it I thought it was pretty good.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post