SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of Cards, Netflix Season 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of Cards, Netflix Season 5 Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I think the show has jumped the shark. The plot is just too far out there. I'll probably watch the season to see how it comes out, though.

My thinking too. I'm just finished Episode 3 and the phrase "jumped the shark" keeps popping up in my mind.

Things got silly last season, but now it's ridiculous.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

My thinking too. I'm just finished Episode 3 and the phrase "jumped the shark" keeps popping up in my mind.

Things got silly last season, but now it's ridiculous.

I just finished the whole new season, and it didn't get any more believable. It is just silly.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I struggled with this. And knowing that you know you'll be left in complete uncertainty, it makes the investment kind of futile.

Question please -- Was that the personal trainer who jumped the fence toward the end?

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Question please -- Was that the personal trainer who jumped the fence toward the end?

Good question - I assumed it was a random protester, but I could have been that guy. He had a fairly forgettable face, and wasn't a big character, so I could have missed that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the show when it first came out, but this last season is absurd. Also, there is not a single character in the show with any redeeming qualities. Each episode leaves me feeling like I need a shower to get the slime off of me.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I just got access to Netflix, HOC has been recommended by lots of friends. I guess I need to watch it and see for myself.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
I just got access to Netflix, HOC has been recommended by lots of friends. I guess I need to watch it and see for myself.

Breaking bad, narcos, pablo escobar "el patron del mal", bloodline, burn notice, are all great on netflix

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
I liked the show when it first came out, but this last season is absurd. Also, there is not a single character in the show with any redeeming qualities. Each episode leaves me feeling like I need a shower to get the slime off of me.

Yeah, it was ever so slightly believable in the beginning. Honest to F, how is pushing a woman over 5 steps going to shut her up and take her out of the game enough to be effective? and Magic bottle of sleepy chinese juice?... Uh huh. Albeit, I was happy to see him go.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Good question - I assumed it was a random protester, but I could have been that guy. He had a fairly forgettable face, and wasn't a big character, so I could have missed that.

it was --
http://heavy.com/entertainment...ed-fence-chapter-65/