SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Yesterday" Movie: Loved It!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Yesterday" Movie: Loved It! Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I really liked this movie!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched this a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

We loved the concept, and the movie was well written and acted.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
That looks like a great movie. I am definitely going to check it out.

Coincidentally, I was out driving this afternoon and "Martha My Dear" popped up on my phone's iTunes player. It had been so long since I'd heard anything by The Beatles that I just started playing one song after another.

Wow, did they make a lot of great music.

Finally got around to watching this the other day. It was terrific.

You don’t even have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy it. I liked it so much, I rented it for my son - born almost 20 years after the Beatles broke up. Both he and my daughter-in-law really liked it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Wasn't bad. A pet peeve - can't stand full screen smart phone text msg'g. Though I love Danny Boyle's films; Trainspotting, A Life Less Ordinary, The Beach, 127 Hours, Steve Jobs. Have not seen 28 Days Later, but I'll fix that soon.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
A very enjoyable movie, from someone who isn't the biggest Beatles fan, by far.

I liked it quite a bit, and they used the Beatles catalogue well.

I did go on spotify and pull up their complete music list. I put it on "shuffle".

While the Beatles have some iconic, wonderful songs, they recorded a lot of crap too.

Sometime I need to go through it and save the better stuff to my profile.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
A very enjoyable movie, from someone who isn't the biggest Beatles fan, by far.

I liked it quite a bit, and they used the Beatles catalogue well.

I did go on spotify and pull up their complete music list. I put it on "shuffle".

While the Beatles have some iconic, wonderful songs, they recorded a lot of crap too.

Sometime I need to go through it and save the better stuff to my profile.

You are spot on with the crap. Say like the White Album with the only songs that came close to worth while "While My Guitar Gently and I actually liked "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" but the rest seemed like they where mailing it in.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. The parts when he was trying to remember the lyrics made my laugh.

A lot of you are praising it for being a simple fun movie. If you want more of the same check out the peanut butter falcon. Great flick

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
I watched this last weekend and enjoyed it very much. It’s one of the best movies I’ve seen in 2019 and very original and entertaining. Movies like Yesterday are why I keep wading through the tons of usual Hollywood dreck. When you finally find a gem like this you really appreciate it.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
The striking Lilly James was in another movie, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, that fans of Yesterday may enjoy. Part WWII mystery, part love story, and a compelling exploration of regional identity and societal class, it has the same type of eccentric charm and humanity that made Yesterday so watchable. I wasn’t expecting much, but I really enjoyed it.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post