Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
IT Login/Join 
posted
I have to admit I'm looking forward to this.

I read the book when I was a kid, then saw the movie-cut of the miniseries.

I was a bit way when I saw this announced, but reviews so far have been pretty favorable from what I've seen. My understanding is this is part one of a planned two-part story. The first movie will cover the first part of the book, when the misfits are children and battling IT, and the second part will cover the second portion of the book with the adults (I don't want to get more in-depth to avoid spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the book or seen the miniseries).

Here in PA, Lititz got some attention when someone started tying red balloons to sewer grates. Local officials responded with something along the lines of "This is clever, but please stop because every time we have to go untie one of these things, we're terrified" Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I read this as a young person as well. I remember being so morbidly frightened. I wanted to put IT down and walk away for awhile but I just couldn't. I read that book in two days.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hm, did a search and neither turned up. Can just delete this one then.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Got tickets for IMAX this Saturday.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just realized that the movie is 27 years after the TV mini-series. That's pretty cool.

(27 years being the length of time that IT remains in hibernation)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have read the book several times, it is one of my favorites. Also have the mini-series on DVD. I will see this one when it comes out on BD.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I thought it was ok. I kept thinking of Floki from Vikings though.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I thought it was ok. I kept thinking of Floki from Vikings though.

It's amazing how many of the Skarsgård family are successful actors, talented family for sure.

Saw it with my brother and nephews (they're 16) tonight. Thought it was pretty darn good, looking forward to chapter 2. All the kids put in rather solid performances, all except for Harvey, the main bully IMO. But yeah, good movie with some creepy parts and a few good laughs too. I wouldn't buy it, but I'd rent it to watch again.

They did have an extended trailer for Bladerunner 2049 before the movie, damn that just looks stunning.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We saw it today and I was absolutely impressed.

Without giving anything away, I can't help to have always wondered if IT was a stranded Langolier or a Tommyknocker alien, or even possibly the cause of the Tommyknocker ship crash.

IT is obviously not Flagg.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post