SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Justified, the series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justified, the series Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

I am just finishing my third trip through this great series, and I got a thing for the theme song they play at the end of each series, "You will never leave Harlan alive". Youtube offers a bunch of covers for the song written by Darrell Scott. Which one do you like? I prefer the very good vocal from an upcoming bluegrass group, Flatt Lonesome, lead singer Kelsi Harrigill. Great voice.

Flatt Lonesome, poor acoustics, and a green bluegrass band.

Ruby Friedman, my second choice.

Patty Loveless

Darrell Scott, the songwriter.

Brad Paisley

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It was a great Series that ended before its time!

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It was a great way to end each season, driving home the theme of the show. But if I recall correctly, they didn't use it to end the second season.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I still miss the series. Wish there was suitable material to bring back the characters, even if just for a tv movie.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I am halfway through season 5 for probably the 6th time. I love the series and it never gets old to me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
According to Tunefind Darrell Scott's version appears at the end of season 1 & Brad Paisley's at the end of season 2.

I like Dave Alvin's version.

After that Ruby Friedman, Darrell Scott, Brad Paisley.

Now I have to watch it again. Wink

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Paisley and Loveless are my favorite versions. They didn't use Loveless' version in the show at any time I don't believe.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
But if I recall correctly, they didn't use it to end the second season.

Yep, I noticed that it was missing at the end of one of them, but I forget which one.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
And the theme song, Gangstagrass a bluegrass urban band, they have several other songs that are pretty good, combining historical bluegrass covered by urban twist/hip-hop combo that works pretty well.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeUHYpuGsLY

Posts: 23431 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
I like Dave Alvin's version.

Very nice. I had not run across that one yet.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
It was a great Series that ended before its time!

No, that was a great part of the series, they had a story to tell, and they told it. None of this dragging on endlessly for 7 seasons, only to drive to a unsatisfactory conclusion with a dozen hanging ends, and a incomprehensible plot line that contradicts itself several times over the show's run.

Quite simply, Justified is some of the best writing in TV, both in dialogue, and in character & plot. Great acting, and great music.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Music aside, I like how Raylan was a great gunfighter and a shitty hand to hand combatant.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread, I may have to watch the series again. I bought the DVDs for all 6 seasons, one of my top three TV shows of all time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Music aside, I like how Raylan was a great gunfighter and a shitty hand to hand combatant.

The asskicking he got behind the bar and the subsequent retrieval of his hat and how he handled the in between were well done, very humanizing and more realistic for an otherwise suave gunman and lawman and ladiesman.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

The asskicking he got behind the bar and the subsequent retrieval of his hat and how he handled the in between were well done, very humanizing and more realistic for an otherwise suave gunman and lawman and ladiesman.

Though to be fair, he was about 3 sheets to the wind when he went behind that bar to begin with. And he was 2 on 1, and got a lick or two in. Not bad, given circumstances.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
quote:

Though to be fair, he was about 3 sheets to the wind when he went behind that bar to begin with. And he was 2 on 1, and got a lick or two in. Not bad, given circumstances.

But realistic.

I do miss this show a lot. I never considered watching it through again. Maybe in another year...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget how the MMA guy basically handed him his ass. And Raylan is supposed to be Federally trained. They do teach hand to hand I'm sure.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's not forget how the MMA guy basically handed him his ass. And Raylan is supposed to be Federally trained. They do teach hand to hand I'm sure.

I think Raylan holds his own quite well in most hand to hand confrontations. Yes, he got an ass licking behind the bar, but as was said, he was shit-faced at the time. And yes, the MMA guy did do him in, but he was much bigger and a trained boxer. Spenser and Hawk prove that to be a valuable skill. I would have cringed if Raylan and Choo-Choo ever got into it.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
quote:

Wynona- "Aren't you a little too old to be fighting?"

Raylan- "I'm certainly too old to be losing"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I miss the writing that went with that show. Nowadays I have to live with much less satisfying stuff they call "tv."

-Dr. Adrian Rogers