SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Zach Snyder's Justice League (2021) - HBOMax
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zach Snyder's Justice League (2021) - HBOMax Login/Join 
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
It needs green lantern sans the douche who portrayed him in that flop.

Actually, an alien Green Lantern is featured early in the movie, in a flashback to thousands of years ago, when mortal men, Amazonians and Atlanteans banded together to fight the first alien invasion.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

Or he doesn't want to do the retarded aspect ratio shit that Nolan would do swapping back and forth from 2.35:1 to IMAX 1.44:1.

I don’t mind it all. Half the scenes are like most films I watch, letterbox or black bars on top and below. Then when it’s an IMAX scene, it’s full screen and absolutely stunning on a good panel or projector. The Batman Trilogy is like this, Interstellar, Tenet, Dunkirk. Perhaps it’s annoying for you and others but it rocks in my theater. And his soundtracks, even in 5.1 are brutally good even if on some films I have to turn on captions. Certainly better than this 4:3 bullshit.

I’m an hour and 16 minutes into this deal. So far, much better film. Resolution is good. Sound is typical streaming trash. I could really enjoy this if this wasn’t 4:3. It’s playing a lot better than the original.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The only time the 4:3 ration became an issue with me was after the team boarded the Batplane. The image of the plane looks warped, with the wings not being aligned properly. If I remember correctly, the Batplane took up most of the screen in the original version.

The beginning of the movie dragged a bit but the movie as a whole felt a lot better.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

The beginning of the movie dragged a bit but the movie as a whole felt a lot better.

I finally finished it. Yes I thought it was a LOT better than the original. I mean it’s got damn looooong, but it was solid. I’m not a superho nerd but certainly thought it was as good or better than most of those marvel films. Hopefully they will put in on 4k blu ray and not hamstring it there. But iirc, 4k discs are limited to 100Gb, and I don’t know if they could fit it all on one disc without compression.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Long, drawn out snooze fest

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
A question: In this cut, is it public knowledge that Superman is Clark Kent? In the film, Superman is buried under a gravestone engraved with the name Clark Kent.
Thanks

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He's buried as Clark Kent, not Superman. That's in Smallville. The memorial in Metropolis is the official burial site for Superman.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
So how did Clarks mom get Superman's body to bury?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
How and when did Batman and the rest learn that Superman was Clark, without Martha who didn't know they were going to resurrect him until it had happened? How'd they know where/how he was buried?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
How and when did Batman and the rest learn that Superman was Clark, without Martha who didn't know they were going to resurrect him until it had happened? How'd they know where/how he was buried?

Baman's secret power: he's rich. Bruce/Batman (as Bruce is the mask that Batman wears, not his true identity) knew about Clark and Superman. Diana knew about Bruce/Batman while investigating Luthor (to get her photo back). Diana may have known who Clark/Superman was before battle in Batman vs. Superman, and she just didn't care or choose to recognize his need for secret identity.

Superman's body disappeared (hey look at how the government treated Zod's body, they would do the same to Superman). Clark Kent died as a victim of collateral damage during battle.

The burial of Clark was on the Kent Farm and was attended by Bruce and Diana at the end of Batman vs. Superman. In Justice League, Martha wasn't living on the farm due to losing it, so she was not around when they dug up the grave.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I wish it weren't so MCUish in parts, like the Boxes / Stones, the look of the badguys (Steppenwolf, Darkseid could be brown Cree, the armor on Steppenwolf looking like the robot from Thor, etc.)

I guess it's like BulletTime, the Special FX tech is the tech at a given time, I guess they can't help but have some similarities, and both being competing comic universes, but more different from MCU would have been much cooler, imo. Nothing wrong with the MCU stuff, but it feels like a lazy copy in places.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Watched it and it was much better than the original. Especially Superman beatdown scene with Steppenwolf. I never could understand why he didn't do the same in the original version; he pounds him a bit, then flies off to evacuate people. I also liked the addition of Darkseid and a proper end to Steppenwolf.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn’t like it. It also felt eerily similar to marvel villains. They kind of looked alike. Boring as fuck for long stretches. Weird elements to leave in. When the women started singing as aqua man left I thought that was weird. Until she picked up his sweater and buried her face in it sniffing. What the fuck? The last 20 minutes of apocalypse was strange as fuck as well.

Superman was the only bright light in this fuckdoggery. He was a badass.

Amy Adams isn’t aging well enough to keep reprising Lois. I don’t even find her attractive anymore. Lois needs to be attractive regardless of her age.

Make another Superman movie. Where he’s a badass. Ala, Darth Vader at end of Rogue 1 when we see DV doing badass DV shit. Disclosure: I never bought the whole Batman beating Superman nonsense. Supe could shrug his shoulders and snap Bruce’s neck like I go through chicken wings. Which is to say, easily.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
It also felt eerily similar to marvel villains. They kind of looked alike.

You're just now catching onto the fact that Marvel and DC have similar types of characters?

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Didn’t like it. It also felt eerily similar to marvel villains. They kind of looked alike. Boring as fuck for long stretches. Weird elements to leave in. When the women started singing as aqua man left I thought that was weird. Until she picked up his sweater and buried her face in it sniffing. What the fuck? The last 20 minutes of apocalypse was strange as fuck as well.

Superman was the only bright light in this fuckdoggery. He was a badass.

Amy Adams isn’t aging well enough to keep reprising Lois. I don’t even find her attractive anymore. Lois needs to be attractive regardless of her age.

Make another Superman movie. Where he’s a badass. Ala, Darth Vader at end of Rogue 1 when we see DV doing badass DV shit. Disclosure: I never bought the whole Batman beating Superman nonsense. Supe could shrug his shoulders and snap Bruce’s neck like I go through chicken wings. Which is to say, easily.

You are so right. WTF was up with that scene with the lady singing and sniffing Aquaman’s sweater? I thought the exact same thing as you. Very disturbing.

Amy Adams no longer looks like she did in The Office Season 1 but I doubt anyone would kick her out of bed and they likely kept her for the sake of continuity. Also, she is supposed to be aged a bit since this is later on in the DCU.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I didn't understand the scenes after Steppenwolf was killed. That seemed completely disjointed.

Also, how can Superman die? What happened? It seems he got stabbed at the beginning of the movie but that's a weird way to start the movie. Is there a prequel or something that I'm missing? Not sure I'll watch it but maybe it helps set a context.

Why did Superman fight the other heroes after being brought back to life? Except for Lois.

Seems like Superman is more than the rest of the superhero's put together.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Also, how can Superman die? What happened? It seems he got stabbed at the beginning of the movie but that's a weird way to start the movie. Is there a prequel or something that I'm missing?

Yep. 2016's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Which itself is a sequel to 2013's Man of Steel.

Justice League is the third in Zach Snyder's trilogy of DC Superhero movies, each of which builds off the previous film.

In a nutshell, Superman died fighting a genetically engineered monster created by Lex Luthor using the DNA from a dead evil Kryptonian (General Zod, the bad guy from Man of Steel). Superman used Kryptonite to weaken the part-Kryptonian monster, but was himself weakened in the process, and the monster managed to kill the weakened Superman while in its own death throes.

quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I didn't understand the scenes after Steppenwolf was killed. That seemed completely disjointed.

Zach Snyder initially planned to follow up Justice League with 2 further sequels, and these epilogue scenes were supposed to set up Justice League 2 and Justice League 3, which would have seen the Justice League recruiting additional members (like Martian Manhunter) and fighting against a new full-on invasion of Earth by Darkseid, in his quest for the Anti-Life Formula.

The "dystopian future" epilogue scene is a companion to a similar scene from the prequel Batman vs. Superman film, both of which feature Bruce Wayne having premonitions of what will happen if Darkseid teams up with an Evil Superman and wins his invasion (caused by a time-traveling future Flash tampering with the timeline to get warnings back to Batman in time to prevent it from coming true).

And Cyborg himself sees this possible future when connected to the Mother Box inside the Kryptonian ship, with a brief montage of premonitions showing Darkseid and Evil Superman killing Aquaman and Wonder Woman and enslaving the world, which leads Cyborg to attempt to try to stop Superman's resurrection at the last second.

So like Superman's death, both the "Lex Luthor prison escape" scene and the "Batman and Friends in the desert" scene would have made a bit more sense if you had seen the prequel Batman vs. Superman.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Rouge, I do thank you for your posts concerning financial matters but I'm going to have to go on and call you a NERD for that post Wink

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Unabashedly. Clearly, you haven't read any of my numerous other posts over the years about Star Trek, Star Wars, RPGs, video games, Dungeons and Dragons, Game of Thrones, superheroes, etc.

Otherwise that wouldn't be anything new to you. Big Grin

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orguss, I don’t mind that villains share similar qualities I mind that I literally did a double take at first because the baddest bad guy looks like marvels bad guy. If somebody put them side by side there isn’t much artistic room to differentiate.

If marvel invents a big chin Superguy hero who looks like Henry Cavill I’d call bullshit on that too. Similarities yes, looking alike fuck no.

To add to rogues post, in the Batman vs Superman movie (which also sucked) Batman not only was a sociopath (which he is I get that) but he started killing Superman with his kryptonite weapons. Which I find ridiculous since once again, Superman is faster than the Flash and can shoot rays out of his eyes and can go toe t9 toe with gods and win, yet Batman and his toys basically brings Superman to his knees. Until magically Batman realizes how sociopathically idiotic he’s being and decides to fight alongside Superman who 5 minutes earlier he was trying to kill.

Tough to follow? Well enjoy this 4 hour slog fest.

As an aside. If I’m Superman and the only real threat to me is kryptonite, would it be ridiculous to travel with a kryptonite sniffing dog or perhaps a Geiger counter for green stuff. Or absent that, the Bill Paxton method, at the first sign of kryptonite fucking leave post haste and nuke the site from fucking orbit?

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post