SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Zach Snyder's Justice League (2021) - HBOMax
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zach Snyder's Justice League (2021) - HBOMax Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
If you're familiar with the movie, you'll know that part of the reason why it was so underwhelming is because, due to a death in the family, director Zach Snyder had to step down. Joss Whedon then took over the director position. With the change came a shift in tone for the movie, which is evident when comparing the serious scenes Snyder shot with the lighter, campier scenes done by Whedon. It was because of this that the movie was regarded as a failure.

Well, rejoice DC fans, as the Zach Snyder cut is due to be released mid-March!

https://youtu.be/4ZceaOc_V9M

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll believe it’s better when I see it’s better. Not sure it will be. Right now it looks darker and it’s definitely longer at 4 hours, but it may not be any better, just different. A long, dark slog fest can turn people off as much as a shorter, lighter, and vampier movie. Of course, Zach Snyder has the benefit of hindsight by taking in the comments of the original movie and having the opportunity to “fix” some of those, so I don’t believe what’s coming out is the same thing we would have gotten if he had stayed on the project. No way Warner Brothers would have let him release a 4 hour movie to theaters at the time, so the movie would have been cut down significantly, which may have resulted in its own problems. I’ll watch it because I have HBO Max, but I’m not expecting much. Maybe I’ll be surprised.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Is CGI-chin still in it?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’ll watch it but my expectations will be that it will be only marginally better than the original. Maybe I’ll be surprised but with DC I doubt it.

I do like that he added Darkseid to it.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Since I didn't like Man of Steel or Batman Vs Superman all that much, I doubt I'll think the Snyder Cut of Justice League is much better.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'll watch it. I'm a sucker for most superhero movies.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be almost 3.5hrs of footage we've never seen. Cool.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
....but does this version remove the necessity for the CGI-Superman Chin?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Supposed to be almost 3.5hrs of footage we've never seen. Cool.

How long is this movie? That’s like adding two full movies back from the cutting floor.

You’ve basically made a trilogy worth out of a single movie, no???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
According to IMDB, the theatrical cut uses only 10% of the footage Snyder will be using in this version.

Also, if you thought the aspect ratio in the trailer was strange, it's because Snyder edited the entire film in 4:3 format. Break out your CRTs, gang!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Einsenburg for 4 hours? Slit my wrists! And the green “thing” at the end? Oh shit.

I thought the original was good until the green thing.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Hope this comes out on BD, I will have to get it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It needs green lantern sans the douche who portrayed him in that flop.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

You mean that idiot who never shuts up with his cornball humor and dialogue, Ryan Reynolds? Yeah you and I may be the only ones who don't like him. He ruined Deadpool for me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, agreed
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

You mean that idiot who never shuts up with his cornball humor and dialogue, Ryan Reynolds? Yeah you and I may be the only ones who don't like him. He ruined Deadpool for me.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
He ruined Deadpool for me.

Say what? I mean... Ryan Reynolds is the literal personification of the Deadpool character.

Deadpool in the comics was totally built around "cornball humor and never shutting up" from the get-go, dating back to his first introduction ~30 years ago. You may not like Ryan Reynolds, or cornball humor, but it's tough to argue that Ryan Reynolds and his cornball humor "ruined" Deadpool.

Rather, it's regarded as just about the most true-to-character portrayal of a comic character in any film. (I'm of course referring to the standalone Deapool films, not the abomination of the studio-meddled quasi-Deadpool character in that crap pile of a Wolverine movie.)

As for Green Lantern, I expect we may see an alternate version of GL make a reappearance in some later Justice League teamup films. With the kerfuffle over the Cyborg actor quitting, rather than recasting a new actor as Cyborb, plugging in a new actor as the John Stewart GL would be a reasonable alternative. Besides, GL is a traditional long-standing member of the Justice League.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
ruined Deadpool

There must be a whole four or five of you who agree.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Plus 2 to RogueJSK and 46and2

Love him (I do) or hate him (I mean, whatever) there is no way I can see any other actor playing Deadpool.

And I wasn't thrilled by JL when I first saw it, but I might be convinced its worth my time, sometimes directors cuts are way better (T2 and Aliens are better than the theater releases and made great movies greater). Whether this cut will make an average movie . . . I'll want and see what the hive mind thinks.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
but I might be convinced its worth my time, sometimes directors cuts are way better (T2 and Aliens are better than the theater releases and made great movies greater)

I'm hopeful. There are a number of examples of Director's Cuts making a big difference... Blade Runner and Kingdom of Heaven are two that immediately come to mind.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Loved Reynolds in Deadpool, hated him in Green Lantern. Deadpool was a massive success.

I'll watch Snyder's version just to see if there is an improvement. The Whedon version was terrible as are most DC movies aside from most of the Bale Batman movies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post