SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite western?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite western? Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Nevada Smith. I view "Outlaw Josey Wales" as more of a Civil War film than a western.

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Nobody mentioned Paint Your Wagon. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre .

Something cool about Bogart in a western.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Three Amigos

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Nobody mentioned Paint Your Wagon. Big Grin

Thanks for reminding me. I've kept this one bookmarked for several years now:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Shootist.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The San Francisco Kid!

Seriously its hard to pick just one. For me its The Wild Bunch.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Shootist /McClintock hard to choose between the 2.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Open Range.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
When someone says Western the first thing that comes to mind is The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

When I was young I never missed it when it came on television.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
The San Francisco Kid!

I think you meant The Frisco Kid:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^
Yep, your right. Its been a long time since I'd seen it. A Harrison Ford movie too.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"Support Your Local Sheriff" has to be one of my top five. With everything else so good about it, extra brownie points for Jack Elam at his best.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BNOn63T56dg [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
This is hard to do, as there are so many
good ones.

My fav is Once Upon a Time in the West

The only time Fonda played the bad guy.

My second place pick. Excellent film.

My favorite would be Wyatt Earp. Both a western and an epic. Beautifully filmed.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got Paint your Wagon down too. 2 tough guys, Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood,,,,,,singing.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScooterX:
I've got Paint your Wagon down too. 2 tough guys, Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood,,,,,,singing.

Right. So it’s your favorite Western?

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Lonesome Dove

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not my favorite but I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale.

Benjamin Franklin

Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
My favorite is probably The Outlaw Josey Wales!!

"To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post