SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite western?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite western? Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Either Lonesome Dove or El Dorado.

Never mind: She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. Best western every made.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Tombstone

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:

I'll second this. There's a ton of great films listed in this thread, but I grew up on this one. So many great actors, so many great scenes. Very quotable. Just the other day, something reminded me of the scene with Paden and the cavalry officer in the beginning.

"Can't you see this horse loves me?"

"I had a gal do that to me once, didn't make her my wife."

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one mentioned the Grey Fox with Richard Farnsworth.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blaque Jacque Shellaque:

I recall that I liked the movie a lot. Trouble is, it’s never shown on TV. I tried on a couple of occasions to buy a dvd and couldn’t.

I imagine there are quite a few who contributed to this thread that have NEVER seen the movie.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blaque Jacque Shellaque:
I think the main reason for this is that this film has been out of circulation for the last 20 years or so, and that's a real shame.

But, oh, man, I love this film. Richard Farnsworth was great in his smaller parts in Comes a Horseman and Tom Horn, but hands down, The Grey Fox was his best film. A beautiful film, made in Canada, and it received quite a few Canadian film awards after its release.

Yes, it's been out of circulation, but someone has thrown a pork chop past the wolf on youtube.

The video quality is marginal and the image is very dark, but I'm surprised to find even this. You can download it from youtube as a 480 meg WEBM file.
If nothing else, just watch the first 15 minutes. Farnsworth, portraying stagecoach robber Bill Miner has been released from prison after 33 years and he sees Edwin S. Porter's The Great Train Robbery, which is significant as being the first film with what modern viewers would recognize as a standard narrative structure.
The print is dark, but you can still see Farnsworth's reaction, and that of the other patrons as well. Wink Great fun.

Also in that first 15 minutes, you can see Farnsworth visit a gun shop to buy a Colt Bisley, and then...

"You're not worth killin', but if you come at me again I'll put a window through your head, so help me."

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I happen upon Rio Bravo while flipping channels, then I’m forced to drop everything.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Support Your Local Sheriff! was great

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post