SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite western?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite western? Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Stumpy tossin' 'em, John T cappin' 'em.

Walter Brennan was classic in that movie. He looked like he was having the time of his life.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Might change next week, but today, my favorite is Stagecoach.

The original with John Wayne, or the remake with Ann-Margaret? Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Kidd- cool old guns, Robert Duvall and of course Clint.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
"Stagecoach" (the original 1939)

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Winchester '73

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McLintock!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Lonesome Dove

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The Magnificent Seven.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Lonesome Dove

I've read the book and watched the movie a number of times. I'm ready to read the book again,
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
The Cowboys.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

Didn't occur to me there was a remake.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

Didn't occur to me there was a remake.

There were 2 remakes. The one with Ann-Margaret, and 80's TV movie version with Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Lonesome Dove.

Yeah, that's probably my favorite as well.
Even though it was a mini-series and not technically a movie.

Broken Trail is right up there, too.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to go with Outlaw Josey Wales. Great movie.

Several honorable mentions here, but I always appreciated that in Eastwood's version of the west, the "hero" isn't, so much, a hero at all. Also, they tended to acknowledge that you'd look pretty scruffy and smelly after a few weeks on the range, versus always well put together and dust free.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Gonna have to go with Outlaw Josey Wales. Great movie.

Several honorable mentions here, but I always appreciated that in Eastwood's version of the west, the "hero" isn't, so much, a hero at all. Also, they tended to acknowledge that you'd look pretty scruffy and smelly after a few weeks on the range, versus always well put together and dust free.

I always found it interesting that in the TV westerns, be it Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Cheyenne, whatever, they always wore the same outfit, week after week. Talk about smelly !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
It's hard to pick one, so right now I'll go with this one but it's subject to change.

Fill your hand you son of a bitch

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Winchester '73

Yup.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2738 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
The Unforgiven.
You mean the John Huston film, and not the Clint Eastwood film, right?

This!

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't have one favorite, I have a dozen of more.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post