SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Peter Fonda has died
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Fonda has died Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
I guess the kidnapping is off?

'Easy Rider' star Peter Fonda dead at 79

Actor Peter Fonda, who co-wrote and starred in the seminal 1960s counterculture film "Easy Rider," has died. He was 79.

In a statement obtained by Fox News, Fonda's family said that the actor -- the son of Henry Fonda and the younger brother of Jane Fonda -- died Friday morning at his Los Angeles home after suffering respiratory failure due to lung cancer.

“In one of the saddest moments of our lives, we are not able to find the appropriate words to express the pain in our hearts. As we grieve, we ask that you respect our privacy," the family statement said. “And, while we mourn the loss of this sweet and gracious man, we also wish for all to celebrate his indomitable spirit and love of life. In honor of Peter, please raise a glass to freedom.”

Fox News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
*sigh*

Life moves on.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think tonight I'll dust off my DVD of "Easy Rider".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry was a very monumental film of my youth.

"You know what it means when somebody like me gets off to a bad start? Not a goddamn thing!"

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, AMF.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
seminal 1960s counterculture film

Seminal
1. (of a work, event, moment, or figure) strongly influencing later developments.
"his seminal work on chaos theory"

Was it really seminal or, just generational romanticism?

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
seminal 1960s counterculture film

Seminal
1. (of a work, event, moment, or figure) strongly influencing later developments.
"his seminal work on chaos theory"

Was it really seminal or, just generational romanticism?

I'd say yes, because it was one of the first highly successful independent films produced outside the studio system, in addition to putting stars like Nicholson and Dennis Hopper on the map. It also grossed $60 million on a $400K budget!

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think of a movie called “The Wild Angels.” The opening scene is a little boy on a tricycle pedaling down a sidewalk. Fonda is on a chopper, also rolling down the sidewalk. The camera focuses on the front wheel of Fonda’s chopper. They meet at a corner of the sidewalk and Fonda jams on the brakes. The front shocks compress as he jams on the brakes. I don’t remember if Bruce Dern was in this one for sure or not. I believe Nancy Sinatra was.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Captain America is dead.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
I still got the helmet.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
Captain America is dead.

Generation gap I guess. Captain America is Chris Evans. (I have seen the movie and get the reference, but thought it was in reference to the bike and not Fonda...).

This is sad either way. I enjoyed his work.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Captain America

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Shame it wasn't his treasonous sister.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jane took better care of her health, plus she is female, they live longer.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy Rider, another classic I've never seen.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I saw where NBC's "The Today Show" called him Hollywood royalty. One iconic if only so good movie a half century ago and a few other low budget efforts along the way, not royalty.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I saw where NBC's "The Today Show" called him Hollywood royalty. One iconic if only so good movie a half century ago and a few other low budget efforts along the way, not royalty.

Royalty based on his Dad,

Peter did a pile of movies/appearances/roles, but not many (IMHO) would be considered good

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

Royalty based on his Dad,

Peter did a pile of movies/appearances/roles, but not many (IMHO) would be considered good

Media is desperate to find an American analogy to the British 'royalty' of multi-generational acting families. Henry was the star, kids Jane and Peter had a moment of two in the spotlight, although known more for their social-celebrity than film accomplishments, granddaughter Bridgette has had a up/down film career. Any others?

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The wrong Fonda kicked

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FAS1
posted Hide Post
He was a real class act Wink

quote:
Wednesday, actor Peter Fonda went on quite the Twitter tirade, calling for harm to be done to members of the Trump family. Not even the left-leaning Slate Magazine could defend Fonda’s remarks, calling them “obscene and sexist.”

Fonda’s original tweet called for Barron, Trump’s twelve-year-old son, to be taken from his mother and put in a cage with pedophiles. Fonda has since deleted this tweet. Barron’s mother, First Lady Melania Trump, immediately notified the Secret Service, though it is unknown if any action has been taken against Fonda.

This came just one day after Fonda tweeted Homeland Security Secretary Kristjen Nielsen, “should be pilloried in Lafayette Square naked and whipped by passerby while being filmed.” He closely followed up his attack, lashing out at the White House Press Secretary, tweeting, “Sarah Sanders is a lying g*sh, too. And ‘g*sh’ is much worse than cu*t.” Fonda has deleted these tweets as well.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...QaAvSeEALw_wcB

Posts: 55 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post