SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Model T-34, 1/35 scale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model T-34, 1/35 scale Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I used to build models, and recently got into it again.

This is a Tamiya T-34/76. Set up as it would have been fairly early in the war.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Very nice. The weathered snow camouflage is very well done!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Wow, very cool. If you put it in the proper background you wouldn't know it's a model

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Lot of nice touches, looks like you had a lot of fun with that. Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that. Are you a diorama guy? Because that is screaming for one. Nice work, looks like it was fun.

Posts: 7456 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Nice John!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
That looks great nice job on the weathering

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

During final exams season in my University years, I used to build and paint small armor, trucks and jeeps in between exams, to clear my head.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Well done Sir!. Well done...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have looked at this several times. Really well done.

Seeing this come out of a snow storm would have made a miserable day even worse for a group of German soldiers.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
I have looked at this several times. Really well done.

Seeing this come out of a snow storm would have made a miserable day even worse for a group of German soldiers.

Here's the opposition (not mine, but on a group page I belong to)

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice! I did 1/35 WW2 armor models in high school and college. Mainly German and American, with a smattering of others.

With the cupola on the turret, wouldn't that be the later version of the T-34/76? (From late 1943 onwards.)

Early war (1940-1942ish) T34/76s had a single large blocky hatch on top of the turret. Mid war (1942ish-1943) 34/76s had dual "Mickey Mouse" ear hatches. The mid-to-late war (Fall 1943+) 34/76s - aka the 34/76E - had the lone "Mickey Mouse" hatch plus the commander's cupola like yours.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Very nice work! I always worked in 1/72 scale. I really like your "rust" weathering under the viewing port!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think you are right about the cupola. 1943.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Excellent work. Are you going to make it look as if it is firing? (I saw in another thread where that had been done.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Excellent work. Are you going to make it look as if it is firing? (I saw in another thread where that had been done.)

flashguy

Here's one:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Here's the opposition (not mine, but on a group page I belong to)

Very cool. Would you know what vehicle that is?

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's a Marder III self-propelled anti-tank gun. (Aka Panzerjäger 38(t) für 7.62 cm PaK 36(r) aka Sd.Kfz. 139)

Consists of a Soviet 7.62cm AT gun, rechambered to the German 7.5cm PaK 40 round, mounted on top of a modified Czech Panzer 38(t) chassis. The Germans basically combined together captured foreign equipment to fill a stopgap need for a mobile tank destroyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marder_III

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
(Edit: This was in response to your deleted post, joel...)

There were 3 different "Marder III" tank destroyers. They all used the same basic concept of a 7.5cm AT gun on a 38(t) chassis, but the configurations varied.

The model you inquired about is the earliest one (plain "Marder III"), as described above.

Your other photo is the next iteration, the Marder III Ausf. H, which was a German PaK 40 on a 38(t) chassis, with a beefed up fighting compartment:

There was also the later Marder III Ausf. M, which was also a PaK 40 on a 38(t), but with an even better fighting compartment, set further back on the chassis: