SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If Your Significant Other States You Shall Watch "Cats" Tonight...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Your Significant Other States You Shall Watch "Cats" Tonight... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Find the nearest pencil and stab yourself in the eyes followed immediately in both ears before realizing the pain of your next two hours.

Trust me.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I felt the same way when I was dragged out to see Mamma Mia, The Nutcracker and Phantom of the Opera.

Sorry dude. She got the message, eventually, and no longer asks me to go to the opera. I don't ask her to go to the range either. Win-win.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
We've been to see a number of productions over the years, but I said "No!" to Cats and Hamilton.

From what I've seen of Cats, it doesn't interest me at all so your advice sounds spot on. For Hamilton, I've read and studied Ron Chernow's excellent work; I don't need to see a musical reimagining of it.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Gents - I am not referring to a live production; I was tortured last night with the movie!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
And it's not just that the Cats movie is a musical...

It's literally one of the most critically-panned and audience-disliked movies of the last couple decades. Hated by even musical lovers.

Just terrible, by any metric.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
And it's not just that the Cats movie is a musical...

It's literally one of the most critically-panned and audience-disliked movies of the last couple decades. Hated by even musical lovers.

Just terrible, by any metric.

I decided to stop watching and only listen - singing sucked.

Tried watching the acting without listening/paying attention to the soundtrack - acting and especially the special effect - sucked hairy elephant balls.

Tried following the story (for some sort of redemption) nothing really made sense there.

About the only thing I could appreciate was the first minute of Ian McCellan (Gandalf) singing but, after the first minute, 90 seconds, he sucked at that.

Zero redeeming qualities in this movie.

I should have grabbed that pencil.

posted Hide Post
If that were to happen, and it won't, I'd make it an early night.

Posts: 58 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
So its right up there with Ishtar, Waterworld (Fishtar), Gigli, Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever, The Room, Jaws III, Bucky Larson....but maybe worse?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wife and I walked out on the live show in SFO after it's debut, and I like going to shows in the theater, what a horrible show....ugh..

Just put an earplug in, connect it to the iFone and listen to a podcast while it's on...

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Should have made like a cat and gotten the hell out of there.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would laugh at her so hard and for so long, that she wouldn't be able to watch it from any room on any level in the house.

Good thing she is looking forward to our next movie night's showing, which will be John Wick 3 in 4K.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
As said, it's basically the worst movie of all time. No one who has seen it likes it and hordes of people left the theaters before the thing ended.

Who in their right mind would want to see it knowing that??? Did your lady set you up or something? Was this a test?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Just say no.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I vetted my wife before asking her to marry me, that wouldn’t even be asked. Wink

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
If only Max Bialystok had chosen 'Cats', what a rich man he would be...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this THE worst movie ever made. I mean, the last Chralie's Angels was pretty horrible, from what I heard. I'll never know since I'll never watch either of them.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The only way I'd watch Cats is if I wanted something to laugh at a make fun of. Doubt that would go over with a SO.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We enjoy musicals and the touring Broadway shows. We have seen a number of them. I have never seen Cats but it is the one show my wife absolutely refuses to watch. It must be really bad.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I liked Waterworld. Frown

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
We tried. We couldn't stand 5'of it.

SHE told me to kill it.

I love her, and am so proud of her.

0-0

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post