SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of msfzoe
posted
"Fauda" is a contemporary series about an Israeli counter terrorism unit operating in the West Bank.
Very well done.
Too bad only 12 episodes.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I keep meaning to start on it, but then something else grabs me. Is it in English or Hebrew?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I keep meaning to start on it, but then something else grabs me. Is it in English or Hebrew?

Sub-titles in English. I believe the actual dialog is in Hebrew or Arabic depending upon who's speaking.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

Sub-titles in English. I believe the actual dialog is in Hebrew or Arabic depending upon who's speaking.

It is also dubbed - which is awful!!

The rooster is correct though, dialog is either Hebrew or Arabic (or Farsi, I couldn't tell for sure).

Definitly worth watching!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they are Israeli, then it is undoubtedly Hebrew. I'll have to check this out, my wife still speaks a moderate amount of Hebrew.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode,I'll continue to watch.

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I thought Fauda was excellent. I wish they would have made more than 1 season. They're speaking Hebrew most of the time but there's also quite a bit of Arabic. Definitely do the subtitles. The English dubbed audio is bad.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife is hooked on this one.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I just watched the first (and so far only) season. Definitely worth seeing. A very well done series. Looks like it's been picked up for a second season.

If anyone is interested in learning more about the training and tactics of the real-world Mista'arvim units of the IDF, which are special operations units trained to do undercover missions in Palestinian territory while disguised as Palestinians, I'd recommend the book "Brotherhood of Warriors" by Aaron Cohen. It's the autobiography of a spoiled rich kid from Beverly Hills who immigrated to Israel, joined the IDF, and made it through the selection process to serve in Sayaret Duvdevan, the primary IDF unit of this type.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
bumping....

Because this show is so freeing good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I too enjoyed it. If you liked Fauda, and don't mind the subtitles, watch NOBEL next.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80131415

Nobel is very well done. HK416s and HK417s, First Spear body armor, Crye Precision uniforms. I say that due to the fact that most "special forces" type shows are actors who look awkward with rubber replica guns. The actors in Nobel were well trained and looked the part of a SF unit.

Can't wait for a second season of both.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode tonight. I'm hooked.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post