SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Japanese hair metal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Japanese hair metal Login/Join 
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted
Listening to EVO and Loudness tonight. This one goes to 11.

EVO House of a Thousand Pleasures

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Don't care much for the vocals, but the rest is superb. That guitarist is a rock god!

Posts: 2825 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw Loudness open for AC/DC in the 80s...put on a good show.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I remember listening to them in the 80's. They defiant fit the hair metal mold. Awesome

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I remember listening to loudness back in the day. A fun listen. Ear candy.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Not to sound like "that guy"...but it's EZO. I bought their first album on a whim back in the late 80's. Still love it.

Gene Simmons was one of the producers. I'd read somewhere that he heard them in Japan and brought them over to record. Prior to being EZO they were Flatbacker. They have some vids on yt as well.

One of these days I'm going to pick up Fire, Fire off of discogs.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
More of speed metal, and don't even know if they are from Japan, but I loved Death Angel.

Their song "I'm bored" had one of the best guitar riffs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyabywtCYo

Replies say there were Philopino/Latino. Way off Japan Hair Metal.

Sorry for thread drift. But awesome song!!! Singer sucks.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
Death Angel is from the San Fran area.. I believe they are all of Philippine descent.

Loudness is a great band

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post