SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Playstation 5 announced yesterday, what does the Playstation users think of it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playstation 5 announced yesterday, what does the Playstation users think of it? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Not a PS user but always keeping an eye on the console. Mostly curious rather than interested.
Barely use an XB1 but i prefer/am used to it's gamepad.

Will likely buy, eventually, the next gen of consoles once it's been fairly debugged and prices become reasonable in my neck of the woods.

Bought a used PS3 so I could enjoy The Last of Us. That was all my PS experience.

Not likely to upgrade to 4k in the next decade. As Frank Zappa put it, we rub sticks together to make things work.

Thanks

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the looks. Xbox recently won me over for its non-game functionality.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dig it from the looks standpoint and the SSD I/O is supposed to be wicked fast. So fast it is changing how some software is written.

That said only time will tell.

I prefer PlayStation in general for a host of reasons but do also have an XBox One.

Eventually I will probably have one of each. Neither will be launch day buys for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Jury is still out. While not the hardware's fault, I'm still moderately pissed at Sony/Naughty Dog for copyright striking YouTubers for making fun on the awful TLoU 2 spoilers without using any of the copyrighted material.

More importantly, they said nothing about the Price. Making a Super Death Star God Destroyer means little if it costs a boatload.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Has Microsoft said anything about price. I believe they are playing a game of price chicken to see if one can undercut the others price.

Agreed about the TLOU2 kerfluffle.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've been looking forward to the PS5 ever since this article 17 1/2 years ago, so I'm let down it doesn't live up to billing.

Ghost Of Christmas Future Taunts Children With Visions Of PlayStation 5[/satire]

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I am usually one of "those" types that likes having the upgraded stuff if it's a upgrade that is a worth while improvement.

I am a bit wishy-washy on the look. I don't hate it but I definitely wouldn't buy it for the looks.

That being said tho...the bulk of my gaming is PC. I do have a PS4 "Uncharted Edition" that I bought specifically for the Uncharted series and The last of Us, along with a few other titles including the recently added Days Gone.

I am really looking forward to The Last of Us 2 and I am guessing it would look pretty darn good on the 5, but my TV won't support the latest, newest features of the 5, and I don't really use the 4 all that often. So I will not be buying anytime soon.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I may need to rearrange my entertainment center to fit that beast in there but I’ll get one. Still need physical copies so I’ll get the disc version. I don’t game nearly as much but I have a blast when I do playing stuff with a couple friends and my nephew.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’m usually not an early adopter of the next gen PS, I usually wait until the first $100 drop or so but for once, it seems like they have enough good game titles coming immediately to make me consider grabbing it.

The Miles Moarales Spiderman may make me jump in early. It depends on where I’m at on what I want for the 4 the rest of this year. The remastered Tony Hawk and Vahalla may fill up the rest of my year.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
NSFW (language)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB...igshid=1qeskwvdvfoem

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Will buy. Will probably be the best 4k player out thus far.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Final Fantasy & Gran Turismo pits me in the PS > XB camp.

I'm still on a PS3, so we'll see what the pricing looks like on the 5.
Maybe I'll get a 4Pro instead & stay a gen behind. Never did much multiplayer gaming before.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Final Fantasy & Gran Turismo pits me in the PS > XB camp.

I'm still on a PS3, so we'll see what the pricing looks like on the 5.
Maybe I'll get a 4Pro instead & stay a gen behind. Never did much multiplayer gaming before.

I own several PS3s, a PS4 PRO and an XBone. Funny thing is I still happily play games on my PS3. I just replayed Red Dead and I finally got around to Dishonored. Playing through Force Unleashed now.

I always have a backlog of games for all of them and I find the PS3/360 generation were the first to really move this so far toward that games from 12 years ago are still fantastic.

I will pick up a PS5. Probably not at launch but soon enough but I will still be playing PS4 and likely PS3 games as well.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm wanting to check out the sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn. Also, since it's supposed to be backwards compatible, I'll likely pick one up.

I currently own a PS4, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Super Nintendo, NES, and a Wii.

They all get some use.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post