SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Took the wife to the Opera... Phantom, that is.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Took the wife to the Opera... Phantom, that is. Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
The Morris Civic in South Bend had the show for a few weeks. I have to say, it was very well done, lots of great effects with the chandelier, the “staircase” and other fun. Well worth the $180 admission.

I don’t like old theater seating, especially when they have done extensive renovations and still keep the 3/4-sized sardine seats! I’d rather pay more and have leg room.

The box seats (which I would pay for) are *always* sold out to a privileged few patrons, so we usually opt for the first balcony front row if possible

If you have an opportunity to see it, it’s well worth it.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I rarely go to plays but that is one I went to.
Bought the CD.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC SHOW. I saw it in New York years ago.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The tower with the stairs was very cool.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
FANTASTIC SHOW. I saw it in New York years ago.

Took the wife to see it off Broadway (anniversary, so got seats 3 rows from front) about 8 years ago, was tremendously good. We've also seen it (twice) at the Orpheum in Memphis, always good but my knees are dying by the end with the cramped mini-seats.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Fingernails on a chalkboard for me. My wife drug me to that show, mamma Mia and the nutcracker. She finally realized it was torture for me and she stopped forcing me to go a few years ago.

She hates going shooting and I hate the opera. We now have a mutual understanding.

Plus, most of the people that either go to the opera or perform in the opera wouldn’t like me anyways, so why go.

I, happy that you all have a different experience than me.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I like to keep expectations reasonable. She keeps fussing about Bob Seger so I bought tickets yesterday to a Bob Seger ‘tribute band’. The real Bob Seger is getting old, one of these tribute bands may be better than the real thing.

This is close & easy too.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
First saw it in Her Majesty's Theater in London; perfect venue....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post