SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stephen King, One more reason i will never buy or read his product
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stephen King, One more reason i will never buy or read his product Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
If I boycotted every person or organization that I did not agree with I would not be doing much of anything.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
He lost his mind when he got hit by a car! He should write a book about that!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

He actually did in one of the Dark Tower books

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I won't toss the one Stephen King novel we have in the library, The Stand, but neither will I buy or borrow any more.

My favorite all time book. My favorite author. He's a douche, but he can write, or at least could. Not read anything by him in many, many years.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read some of his books when I was younger but they eventually just wore me out. You can literally open one of his novels and randomly rip out 50 or more pages and you won’t know the difference.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3529 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

He actually did in one of the Dark Tower books

Yup, the last book of The Dark Tower ruined the rest of the series, partially for his involvement/storyline & Other silly subplots/finale.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I started reading SK in the late 1970s, enjoyed most of his older stuff and have a half-decent collection of first edition hardbacks. I lost interest in the early to mid 2000s, he just seemed to get more verbose to the point of being boring. The Dark Tower series was a slog so I only got through the first three. Haven't bought anything since.

Like other libtard celebrities SK hasn't figured out that most of his fans prefer that he STFU about politics. Maybe he's got enough fuck-you money that he doesn't care but I doubt his political rantings add to his bottom line.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post