SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Stephen King, One more reason i will never buy or read his product
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stephen King, One more reason i will never buy or read his product Login/Join 
posted

I have said that here before, a few times. the man is just nothing short of a deranged twat. It surprises me how much he espouses crap like this.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In some ways I have King to thank for my passion for reading. My father bought me one of his books one Christmas and the rest is history. I was hooked.

15 years ago I stopped reading him altogether because of his overtly political nonsense, a lot of which began to creep into his novels. I think he's actually lost his mind a bit. He was never the same after that accident.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, my list of those who I will not patronize is getting longer.

He's a clown.

Posts: 659 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
My favorite authors have all died, Mitchner, Clancy, Crichton. I have been thinking of starting to read King.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I like old Cussler novels best anyway. never read a King book.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
He apologized but....

I had not seen that, what an asshole.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I quit buying his stuff after he made that comment about "Well, if you can't read, what can you do? Join the military I guess." Fucktard.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Kinda like when King was out for a walk and a minivan hit a pile of garbage.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Typical New England elitist leftist brain dead snob.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disgusting, I like how he says "pricey retreat". I'm sure you're crazy poor Steve. Trash

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
what an asshole.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Gee, I saw it as the dems constantly using garbage to try and derail the Trump train.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
what an asshole.

Took the words out of my mouth!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
In some ways I have King to thank for my passion for reading. My father bought me one of his books one Christmas and the rest is history. I was hooked.

15 years ago I stopped reading him altogether because of his overtly political nonsense, a lot of which began to creep into his novels. I think he's actually lost his mind a bit. He was never the same after that accident.

same

started reading him in high school,
and when he got preachy, and needed 156 pages to talk about something simple (resulting in books that could be used a stepladders,,,,) I stopped,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have never read a King book, and after his comments I never will

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could give a rat's ass about the political opinions of writers, musicians, actors, and athlete's. If I like your writing, music, movie, or sport, I'll watch. I can appreciate what you do, even if I don't appreciate your political viewpoints.

As far as Stephen King goes, his early stuff was great. His recent stuff just hasn't been very good.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I won't toss the one Stephen King novel we have in the library, The Stand, but neither will I buy or borrow any more.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I read a lot of his stuff 20+ years ago but I quit after his stories started getting predictable and way over the top. Family Guy nails my feelings on him as an author.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
King is a hopeless liberal wing nut. I love the guys books and grew up on them.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post