SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Telegraph Road with Mark Knopfler
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Telegraph Road with Mark Knopfler Login/Join 
Picture of prepsheriff
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3OyvBvWnQ

Love that classic National Guitar ! Great finish Smile

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've heard that since the summer of 2001.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. Thanks.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful performance. He is absolutely my favorite musician, he writes touching lyrics, he writes great music and of course he is a master on the guitar.

There are countless players who can play fast, accurate and loud. in my opinion, VERY FEW can put as much soul in a song.

The last 5 minutes solo is just wonderful. It’s what happens when the lyrics have been sung but the artist wants to play more. Simply magic!

It will likely be a long time before we hear another complete musician as good as he is.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this. A great way to start Christmas morning!

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A great and epic song!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Great performance of that song.

Saw him in September in Sugarland, finally. Bucket list item for me.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that. Saw him in Montreal in around 1986. He must have used over thirty guitars over the show. I believe he is right up there with Eric Clapton as far as skill and, as mentioned, the ability to put soul in his playing.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I love the sound of the old National Steel guitars, especially playing slide blues. The model Knopfler is playing is the third model produced, a single cone with a "biscuit" bridge. The first model was a tri-cone, with three legs reaching to each cone, coming together in the middle to form the bridge. The second model produced was when one of the Dopyera brothers (John) left to form his own company to produce the Dobro, a single inverted cone model. After the Dobro's success, National started making their own single cone, but with the traditional (not inverted) cone.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post