SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    FATMAN- Mel Gibson as Santa Claus- Rated R
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FATMAN- Mel Gibson as Santa Claus- Rated R Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Also I dig anything with Walter Goggins

Me too. I'll watch it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has a film review youtube channel with 200k subs. He said he got an advanced copy of it and watched it last week. Said it was pretty solid.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Watched it. I don’t recommend it. The trailer was better than the movie. The movie just wasn’t very interesting to me.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
On a similar note, I think Christmas Chronicles 2 is out.

It is. We just watched CC in preparation Smile

Fatman is for rent on Amazon Prime for $7, purchase for $15. Probably gonna pass.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I waited 10 years
for this
posted Hide Post
The spousal unit and I watched it last night and loved it. It was refreshing to see a new idea instead of a rework of some sort.

Posts: 133 | Location: nebraska | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I also liked that it wasn’t just another “Bad Santa” type movie (not that Bad Santa isn’t hilarious). I liked that it was more about.....
I don’t think this is really a spoiler as I am just talking about the spirit of the movie but a warning just in case.

I liked that it really was more about a good man who has been run down and disillusioned with all the seemingly bad the world has become and how it takes circumstances and a wonderful portrayal of and OLD married couple who have been there for each other for a long time putting up with each other’s annoying bullshit but still loving each other and having each other’s backs.

I mean I loved the quirkiness of it and the craziness of it but at its heart I just really liked that it wasn’t just a hey look at me I’m another Bad or Bad Ass Santa. It was about the guy inside all of us that has been so run down by all the bad in the modern world that we sort of totally forget to look for and see all the good still there or the good we can do.

I know long winded and pretentious take on a movie with Santa Clause facing down an AR15 wielding assassin with a Waker Colt. Sue me, I trying to see some good in things. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I took a chance and bought it on iTunes. As others have said, it is original and good.

At $16, cheaper than going to the theater and will definitely watch again, so money not wasted.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
too bad there are no theaters open.

We have them open in the Baton Rouge area. We've been 3 times in the last 2 weeks

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Fatman is only showing at one theater in my area. Right in the heart of the ghetto.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
It was ok.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
It was ok.

I'm in this camp. It had some chuckles and I like the premise. I was a little let down by the gun play - it was very faked and could have just been made to look better. This is probably another small thing, but the military stuff was phoned in. Digital camo from 2003, hideous unit patches, a handful of other things. It looked like they ran out of money for it and just took what was cheapest.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Good fun! I liked it. Got me in the mood to watch Bad Santa next.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Right now it is rent or buy for $6.99 on Amazon.

I'm going to take a chance.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was 4.99 to buy on amazon Christmas night. I really enjoyed it.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
It was worth seeing, but it seems like a bunch of missed opportunities.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We watched it along with Christmas Chronicles II. We enjoyed Fatman.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Mel Gibson was interviewed on Fox News last night.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post