SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New SBR PDW (range report added 8Aug)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SBR PDW (range report added 8Aug) Login/Join 
posted
I went with a 7.5" BA Hanson barrel for my build. Before the 7.5 is worthless and will not even penetrate air crowd chimes in, I also have a 8.3" 300blk SBR as well. My go to rifle is a 16" mid length with BA Hanson barrel .

This will be truck, range, fun gun. Range report to follow.

RANGE REPORT

I built this 7.5” upper on Sunday and was able to test fire it yesterday. After running over 140 rds of 5.56 and.223, I am happy to report that there was not one single issue. The gun ran 100%:rock:.

Ammo used:
Federal Fusion MSR 62gr
Speer Gold Dot 62gr
American Eagle 55gr 223
Winchester 55gr 5.56
Remington 45gr JHP
Hornady Frontier 55gr JHP

The gun:

RRA SBR Lower w Larue MBT trigger
MFT Stock
Aero Precision upper
Ballistic Advantage 7.5” Hanson barrel
Aero Precision Atlas 7” rail
Aimpoint Micro H1 on Larue mount
Kak Micro can
Diamond Head BUIS

62gr Speer Gold Dot 50yds:

62gr Speer Gold Dot 25yds

62gr Federal MSR 100yds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I like it. What BUIS are those?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
I like it. What BUIS are those?

Thanks.

The sights are Diamond Head polymer sights. They sit a little high, but we're just sitting around so they got used. Big Grin

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like that setup, looks handy and lightweight.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Before the 7.5 is worthless and will not even penetrate air

The 7.5" barrel is worthless and won't even penetra . . . Oh. Well, just sayin'.

The gun looks great! What's the overall weight on that?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nice- nothing wrong with that short a barrel for PDW engagement distances.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Before the 7.5 is worthless and will not even penetrate air

The 7.5" barrel is worthless and won't even penetra . . . Oh. Well, just sayin'.

The gun looks great! What's the overall weight on that?[/QUOTE

It weighs in at 6.6lbs with an empty 20rd PMag.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think the 55 grain gold dots work well in 7.5” barrels.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice...looking at doing something similar as a truck gun, with premium ammo 75m is quite realistic.

Don't suppose you chrono'ed the loads?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Nice...looking at doing something similar as a truck gun, with premium ammo 75m is quite realistic.

Don't suppose you chrono'ed the loads?

I didn’t choose the two loads based on a super fast velocity. These rounds are know to perform well with expansion and penetration at lower velocities.

posted Hide Post
Dear usncorpsman aka Doc nice setup thanks for the pics of your 100 yard group. I have been curious how the 7.5 barrel would do at 100 yards. I have a 10.5 Sig pistol it does well at 100 yards also. When folks try to tell me what a weapon will do or not do ballistic wise I ask them if my round strikes them in their left nut or right nipple will you be able to determine the difference from another weapon or bullet type... VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post