SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Russian SVT-40 Help / Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian SVT-40 Help / Questions Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted
I just picked up an SVT-40 from an estate sale. I have been lusting after one for quite some time, but the price was never right. Does anyone here have any experience with these guns to tell me exactly what I have? I know it's a re-arsenal example, but that's about all that I know.

My photobucket account is dead, so not sure how to post pics. Any help from the brain trust would be much appreciated.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Try https://postimages.org/ for your pics, I can't help with the SVT...but they are cool.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I'll try to get some pictures tonight and post them up.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 974 | Location: Confluence of Mississippi & Ohio Rivers | Registered: October 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Check the gunboards.com forum as well.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
I've had a '41 Ishevsk for a couple years now and it's a fun rifle to shoot - recoil is surprisingly soft using surplus ammo but does it ever go BOOM LOL. If using corrosive surplus, give it a real good cleaning immed after use as the piston/gas cup are very prone to seizing; there are aftermarket stainless steel versions though and are highly recommended if you're going to shoot a lot of surplus. You'll want to adjust the gas system too just to the point where it will cycle reliably - it's not a fragile gun, but over gassing can cause problems if you shoot it a lot. Take-down is certainly more involved than an SKS, for example, but once you've done it a couple times it's not bad.Congrats and enjoy!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post