SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington ammo is the same quality as their guns.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington ammo is the same quality as their guns. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Subject line

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8191014801
Apologies, figured "wtf"was reasonable. I'll change it.
Well, uh, wrong way there, pathfinder.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the members appear to have a limited vocabulary. May I suggest something like garbage, substandard, or is poorly manufactured.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
'll change it.

cute

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Some of the members appear to have a limited vocabulary. May I suggest something like garbage, substandard, or is poorly manufactured.

Hmmm, that sounds misleading, I would have preferred to get ammo from the garbage/substandard line.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve got several boxes of Remington 22LR from the drought when it’s all I could find. None of my auto loaders like that stuff.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm, that sounds misleading, I would have preferred to get ammo from the garbage/substandard line.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you the guy that goes through my Dumpster after work hours?

I have not purchased their ammo for some time. I found it inconsistent and dirty. Good to know that nothing has changed. Sad to see.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Winchester all the way. I haven't bought anything Remington at all in a very long time.

I really want one of those braced TAC-14s but I can't overcome my distrust of the once-proud company.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Winchester all the way. I haven't bought anything Remington at all in a very long time.

I really want one of those braced TAC-14s but I can't overcome my distrust of the once-proud company.

I've actually had more issues with Winchester ammo than I have Remington but to be fair I've probably bought infinitely more winchester than Remington

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Fiocchi. I have been using it quite a bit due to its low cost. Good stuff. I have been impressed (so far) with its quality and accuracy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Ammo certainly doesn’t look great but I had no trouble shooting >1” groups with it out of my kimber yesterday.

As long as it shoots the way it does for me, I’ll keep buying it as practice Ammo...even at marked up rural Alaskan prices it’s still relatively affordable.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The only thing that I buy that says Remington is their 9-1/2 primers. I've had really good numbers with the stuff. I stay away from any current production guns and ammo from Remington.

I'm in the process of building a 700 bolt action and there most likely won't be a Remington part on it. I'll probably go with a Bighorn receiver.

I only buy old used Wingmaasters or 870 Police shotguns. If I did buy a centerfire rifle, it would have to be an early vintage 700.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:
Remingtons .22 LR ammo has been horrible for well over a decade

Remingtons 22 RF ammo has been horrible since the early 1980s!

Looks like their centerfire ammo finally caught up!

Thunderbolt.
Don't even get me started.

Too many bricks of that stuff here. I am getting pretty good clearing stoppages tho.
I had a clerk at a big box general mechandise store who simply would not believe me when I told her it should be .97 for each little box. she insisted I buy the bricks for that price. Cool

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as I remember Remington ammo especially when we are talking about .22’s has always been low quality. I have been shooting bullseye pistol competition since the early 1980’s and even back then- most of the small indoor clubs we held our matches at would have a dud can for 22’s that jammed bad enough to damage the case or bullet or did not go off ( misfire) without exaggeration 95% of the ammo in there was Remington.
Over time it has gotten probably worse.
And Winchester is similarly racing them to the bottom. Federal is a tad better.
The only domestic product.22 ammo worth my hard earned money is CCI.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I once had a Remington 725 280 that shot 1/2 moa with plain factory Rem ammo. (had to sell it when things were tight raising two girls alone.) Rem-UMC hardball ammo was decent before but not now. I have some newer Rem 223 ammo that sucks in my Rock River SR

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Check out Fiocchi. I have been using it quite a bit due to its low cost. Good stuff. I have been impressed (so far) with its quality and accuracy.

My last few quantity purchases have been Fiocchi. Pretty happy with it.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
That Ammo certainly doesn’t look great but I had no trouble shooting >1” groups with it out of my kimber yesterday.

As long as it shoots the way it does for me, I’ll keep buying it as practice Ammo...even at marked up rural Alaskan prices it’s still relatively affordable.

I shot some Corelockt out of my .243 Blaser....right at .5, hence when I ended up witha 30-06 that will likely never see much use I figure how bad can it be. I havent shot it yet but I will. I did get an email back from Remington asking for my address so perhaps a replacement box is on the way. typiucally Id jsut relaod for it but Im not really going to invest in dies brass etc for a rifle that is really a backup to my backup.

posted Hide Post
I have had good results with Remington for centerfire handgun ammo and their shotshells.

Not a fan of their rimfire or rifle ammo.

I like Winchester and Federal pretty much across the board.

For rimfire - CCI Mini-mags deserve the price premium IMO.

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
As long as I remember Remington ammo especially when we are talking about .22’s has always been low quality. I have been shooting bullseye pistol competition since the early 1980’s and even back then- most of the small indoor clubs we held our matches at would have a dud can for 22’s that jammed bad enough to damage the case or bullet or did not go off ( misfire) without exaggeration 95% of the ammo in there was Remington.
Over time it has gotten probably worse.
And Winchester is similarly racing them to the bottom. Federal is a tad better.
The only domestic product.22 ammo worth my hard earned money is CCI.
Race to the bottom...So true Winchester 22 Rimfire also has not been the same since they moved RF production out of East Alton around 2005. Their consistency from lot to lot went out the window for me. At least CCI hangs in there.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post