SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    OK to use Aluma-Hyde on stripped lower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK to use Aluma-Hyde on stripped lower? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Okay to use Aluma-Hyde on stripped lower?

What should I do/not do? Experience? Tips? Pics?

I've used Aluma-Hyde quite a bit over the years on stocks, grips, etc., but not on something that has precision pieces involved.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Maybe to be more specific, do I need to do anything special to cover/plug the pin holes and the threads at the rear of the receiver? Should I plug the mag well and the entire internal surface of the lower?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I did one earlier this year and I wish I'd plugged the rear take down pin. The fit was already tight and sometimes fussy before. Since I painted it, it's been a pain in the ass. I'm sure it will wear in with use, but it's a pain.

Everything else is fine.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Correction, that's not accurate.

After that, I hydro dipped it and gave it a couple clear coats, so THAT in conjunction with the Aluma-hyde was too much. Which is understandable.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post