SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    6.5 Grendel This is what happens when you dont delete your browser history. Pic added
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 Grendel This is what happens when you dont delete your browser history. Pic added Login/Join 
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted
I left Grendel hunter open on the computer, my wife found it and recruited a friend of hers to talk to me about it when went out shooting to get the exact one I want.

Then a few weeks later, I own a 22" 6.5 Grendel upper for my AR-15.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: guardianangel762,

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You sly Devil you Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I like Happy Endings.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
That is not, in my experience, what usually happens when a married gentleman's browser history is investigated by his spouse...

Good work.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
I left Grendel hunter open on the computer, my wife found it and recruited a friend of hers to talk to me about it when went out shooting to get the exact one I want.

Then a few weeks later, I own a 22" 6.5 Grendel upper for my AR-15.

And all was right with the world. Great story Guardian,congrats on both the rifle and your wife.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's a keeper!!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
yep, a keeper.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
So tell me more about this friend of hers....haha, congrats man. What a nice surprise!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Does she have a sister.....

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
Pic added

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new Grendel and really cool Wife. Because of your post I'm now looking hard at the Larue offering.

Say, what are the specs on your Grendel and how does it shoot?

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
beautiful lookin gun!

There's a few 6.5's I've looked at lately, and they're all quite different, too!

How'd you decide on the Grendel?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Never, ever question her shoes or purses again.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fortunate turn of events.

I spend $800+ per month on my wife's/daughter's horses, plus take care of them 365 days per year, yet get crap if I want to purchase anything gun related. I cannot imagine my gun if I had a $10,000 per year budget like they have for horses, which they rarely ride.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
beautiful lookin gun!

There's a few 6.5's I've looked at lately, and they're all quite different, too!

It fits in a AR-15!

I am a shooter not a collector (in my head) I did not want a different gun than what I carry at work (accept that it is completely different) so I wanted an AR style, I already own 2 AR's so I would the same manual of arms across the board. After shooting this...6.5 Grendel may be my long and short length guns with 300 blackout being my SBR gun.

That said...the 6.5-300 weatherby makes me nod my head I may pick one up if I ever decide I need a gun chambered in $5 bills.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

It fits in a AR-15!

That said...the 6.5-300 weatherby makes me nod my head I may pick one up if I ever decide I need a gun chambered in $5 bills.

6.5 Grendel is accurate enough that most precision AR-15 competitions limit the chamber to .223/5.56. At 400-600 yards the Grendel has a noticeable advantage in wind deflection.

As for the 6.5-300 wby, I suspect you want it for a hunting rifle -- not a precision/target rifle. Because if precision shooting is your game, prepare for buying a new barrel every 600-ish to 1000-ish rounds. Throat erosion will be quick and noticeable on such an overbore cartridge.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good things happen when your browser history is about guns instead of what too many guys are watching!!!

Congrats on an great upper and even more Awesome wife! :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

As for the 6.5-300 wby, I suspect you want it for a hunting rifle.

Correct, I subscribe to the school of thought that at 2700 fps one shot immediate drops greatly increases. Some of those rounds are still above 2700 fps at 350 yards. The initial velocity of 3500fps that magic can happen at distances farther than most rounds allow.