SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Why doesn't anyone make a lever action in pistol calibers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why doesn't anyone make a lever action in pistol calibers? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Lack of demand.
This - ie, no business case to make them viable.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have a Uberti 1873 that has been modified by Cody Conagher to fire .45 ACP. It works great! I use it for SASS "Wild Bunch" matches where you have to use a .45 1911 and a rifle in .40 caliber or greater. I didn't want to have to load .45 Colt just for a "side match", so I got the conversion done. It wasn't cheap.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if elected idiots somewhere pass a law about semiauto I think you will see a resurgence of mag fed pump (think remington 7615P), bolt (think Ruger American) and lever action options (think browning BLR or the new henry) in many calibers which probably will include pistol calibers. A glock mag fed 9mm lever sounds good to me!
Till forced there simply isn't enough market...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
It would be cool though.... A 9mm could hold what, 13 or 14 rounds?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Cool So would a 357SIG.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I have a Uberti 1873 that has been modified by Cody Conagher to fire .45 ACP. It works great!... It wasn't cheap.

now THAT is coool!!! Cool

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how hard would it be to just put 9mm, 40, 45, even the 10mm in the lever action cases ?

yes you would have to put them in triangle shaped , day glow boxes so that people would not mix them up.

and maybe even sell them in 62 round boxed packages , for the same reason.

you can't have too many pistol caliber lever actions.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post