SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Ruger 77/17/22/357/44®'s are back!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ruger 77/17/22/357/44®'s are back! Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
But no threaded barrels? Frown

http://www.ruger.com/products/77Series/overview.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is the MSRP on a 77/357 a thousand bucks?

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
Why is the MSRP on a 77/357 a thousand bucks?

All of them are around that price. Apparently Ruger thinks people will pay that much.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's a rimfire/pistol carbine built on a traditional machined 77 action, so the production cost is high. You really won't find a nicer rimfire anywhere, however.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying one when I was in college. They were $180 back then.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You can buy a nice used semi auto Ruger 44 magnum carbine for about $1000.

I'm glad they brought it back but I would REALLY like them to bring back the semi auto 357 and 44 magnum guns.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I saw this come across in my inbox since I recently agreed to receive their email after buying a 10/22 Target.

From what I can read the 77/22 is a 22 Hornet.

I always wanted a 77/22 that had factory iron sights. They made them for a short period of time. I am a sucker for good 22.

In response to bustabuddy, it seems that a thousand bucks is the new starting price point way too often now.

Sadly with Trump in office the market has cooled way down and all the product planning that was taking place the two years before the election is blowing up on the firearms brands. I don't think a thousand dollars is going bring a lot of volume for Ruger. Cooper or Kimber maybe....

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
1K is MSRP,,,

local Cabelas has them for 749 syn stock,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rugers always seem to sell far far below MSRP.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Ruger missed the mark by not threading the barrels for these..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want the 22lr back in the line up. I don't care about hornet or WSM.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
One of my greatest, "Steals" was an early production 77/22 blued/walnut with sights. Found it in what looked like unfired condition in the used rack at Cabela's, even came with the original box. The price? $189.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I got my 77/22 (22lr) before they stopped making them, I've seen some insane prices for them.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
1K is MSRP,,,

local Cabelas has them for 749 syn stock,,

Still too rich for my blood.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post