SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Did RRA ever get their Piston system to accept suppression?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did RRA ever get their Piston system to accept suppression? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Can’t find a recent yes or no. I know in the past they were trying to tweak the gas system to be able to be suppressed.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RRA's website states the following for their PDS pistols and rifles:

WARNING: DO NOT FIRE THE LAR-PDS WITH A SOUND SUPPRESSOR!

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Crap. I knew They said they were going to try to resolve it but I guess they never could. That stinks. That would have been winner. I guess that’s why they never took off.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO a piston system that doesn't play well with suppressors is a poorly designed system. The advantage of the piston rifles I've shot is that they aren't affected by the typical over-gassing of a can. But then again, every one of my DI rifles is over-gassed with a can -- and they run like tops.

Rock River dropped the ball on the PDS, and still hasn't figured it out after a handful of years on the market.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Agreed. What has been said is that it will run with some cans and some ammo. They said other can/ammo combos would cause catastrophic failure with serious risk of injury.

TCB all the time...