SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR configuration questions. Re: UBR stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR configuration questions. Re: UBR stock Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I have wanted to try a UBR stock. picked one up for a member. Should arrive in a few days. It is a gen 2.

I have a std BM lower. Will I need to remove the entire stock assm. to install the UBR?

For you that have them. What are you liking for an upper. I know the ubr is heavy. Not sure how much so. I like a lighter weight unit. Tell me what you like for an upper to mate with your lower with ubr. Thanks for the feedback.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Yes the entire stock will come off including the buffer tube. The UBR was made to balance rifles that were front heavy due to lights or suppressors. That said the lock up on that stock is amazing, It feels like you could club someone with it and it would be effective.

That said, I no longer use one as lockup does not mean anything once you pull the rifle into your shoulder.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have a UBR on a 20" bull barrel build. I like it for the counter balance as GA points out. I recently build a version of Mk12 Mod 0 that I actually considered the UBR for, but ended up going with MOE Rifle (the fixed stock) stock for, just to mix it up.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
It nicely balances out a heavy contour 18 or 20 inch barrel, or a medium profile 16 inch with a silencer.

It actually makes the 16" feel very light when shooting unsuppressed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaBoy,

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Mine are both Gen 1.

Then Gen 2 is lighter, but still not what I would consider a lightweight stock.

I am fine with that. I actually prefer the handling and shooting characteristics of a slightly heavier rifle. If you have a lightweight upper on a lower with a UBR, it will likely feel 'muzzle light' instead of muzzle heavy.

I like that the UBR is rock solid, and gives me the option to very quickly adjust LOP for prone shooting, or if I am wearing a lot of thick clothing, or a chest rig for 3-gun.

It offers a lot of utility but it probably isn't for everybody.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got several (4-5 all Gen1), as Indianaboy mentioned, it probably isn't for everybody ... but I like the presets for adjusting and the bit of additional heft. Id go as far to say I t's my favorite stock, but if I were a grunt and had to lug it around all day I'd probably need to work out a bit more Razz

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post