SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kansas City area members. I have a question about gunshops.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kansas City area members. I have a question about gunshops. Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Would there be a gunstore that you know of in the KC area that carries a decent supply of various parts for builds? I well aware online sales are the thing, and has been for years. I'd just like to walk into a gunstore that has parts that I don't have to order online. I'm in Lees Summit, but a good gunstore that sales parts would be worth the drive anywhere in the area.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
Cliff,

I’d check out Frontier Justice in Lee’s Summit. I’ve been to their location over by Cabela’s and they had a pretty good selection of stuff (without knowing any specifics about what you’re looking for).

Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been there in more than a year, but Snapshots on Clay(?) Street used to have a selection of parts. (Assuming you mean AR parts.) There's usually several vendors at the regular shows at the KCI Expo Center by the airport. I was going to go to the show this weekend, but I'm not sure the weather will cooperate.

Having said that: I'd rather order parts of a known quality from Brownells or Midway (they're not that far) and probably pay less than what I can (usually) find locally.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I dont remember any shops in town that have parts. I order all mine online.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bullet Hole in OP has many AR parts (and some other stuff like 1911 parts). What are you looking for?

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Just general AR parts. Nothing specific.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
The Bullet Hole in OP has many AR parts (and some other stuff like 1911 parts). What are you looking for?

Wow, I belonged to a gun club that had it's monthly meetings there back in the early 80's. Nice to know it's still around. If I remember correctly the Hodgdon family owned it, Bruce was always at our meetings.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Not exactly KC, but in Topeka there' a shop/indoor range called the Gun Garage that has a good selection of New & Used guns as well as parts, receivers & stocks ... its where I bought my CZ Shadow2 and first binary AR trigger ... they have good prices too!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

Wow, I belonged to a gun club that had it's monthly meetings there back in the early 80's. Nice to know it's still around. If I remember correctly the Hodgdon family owned it, Bruce was always at our meetings.

Yes, the place goes back a long ways. Hodgdon built it around 1967, they sold it around 1982. Shop is still very close to them and I believe the only direct retail dealer of their products in the country.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

I heard it was one of the first indoor ranges in the country.

Its really gone down hill. They haven't updated anything. Makes you feel like you need a tetanus shot when you leave there.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first went to the Bullet Hole indoor range more than 20 years ago, and still visit several times a year, especially during the winter months. They haven't updated much, but I don't really know what there is to update. There's always Frontier Justice if you want a more refined experience. (Which you will pay for.)

Talking to one of the Bullet Hole employees this past fall, he said they have a new owner who has some big modernization plans.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
I first went to the Bullet Hole indoor range more than 20 years ago, and still visit several times a year, especially during the winter months. They haven't updated much, but I don't really know what there is to update. There's always Frontier Justice if you want a more refined experience. (Which you will pay for.)

Talking to one of the Bullet Hole employees this past fall, he said they have a new owner who has some big modernization plans.

I've worked there for about four years, and have been running the place for about a year and a half. The ownership changed this past summer. I'm finally able to make a lot of changes I've been wanting to for quite awhile. So expect quite a few improvements in the future. We've already greatly improved the lighting and heating upstairs, and have more in the works.

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Black Rifle LLC in Boonville would be a little bit of a drive, but they generally have a good supply of parts on hand. Lots of complete rifles but they generally had parts on hand as well. It has been a while since I have been there, you may want to call and ask what they have. They always had a good supply of higher end optics than you can generally lay hands on in a storefront. Especially Trijicon glass. They had accupoints, ACOGs, and the like in stock.

There is a good winery there called Les Bourgeois that severs a pretty tasty meal at their bistro if you want to grab a meal while you are there.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post