SIGforum
Kansas City area members. I have a question about gunshops.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9890089154

January 10, 2019, 09:24 PM
Cliff
Kansas City area members. I have a question about gunshops.
Would there be a gunstore that you know of in the KC area that carries a decent supply of various parts for builds? I well aware online sales are the thing, and has been for years. I'd just like to walk into a gunstore that has parts that I don't have to order online. I'm in Lees Summit, but a good gunstore that sales parts would be worth the drive anywhere in the area.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

January 11, 2019, 10:20 AM
Sevo1967
Cliff,

I’d check out Frontier Justice in Lee’s Summit. I’ve been to their location over by Cabela’s and they had a pretty good selection of stuff (without knowing any specifics about what you’re looking for).

Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.
January 11, 2019, 04:32 PM
mesabi
I haven't been there in more than a year, but Snapshots on Clay(?) Street used to have a selection of parts. (Assuming you mean AR parts.) There's usually several vendors at the regular shows at the KCI Expo Center by the airport. I was going to go to the show this weekend, but I'm not sure the weather will cooperate.

Having said that: I'd rather order parts of a known quality from Brownells or Midway (they're not that far) and probably pay less than what I can (usually) find locally.
January 12, 2019, 08:03 AM
walker77
I dont remember any shops in town that have parts. I order all mine online.
January 12, 2019, 02:42 PM
alptraum
The Bullet Hole in OP has many AR parts (and some other stuff like 1911 parts). What are you looking for?
January 12, 2019, 03:19 PM
Cliff
Just general AR parts. Nothing specific.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

January 13, 2019, 01:29 AM
zoom6zoom
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
The Bullet Hole in OP has many AR parts (and some other stuff like 1911 parts). What are you looking for?

Wow, I belonged to a gun club that had it's monthly meetings there back in the early 80's. Nice to know it's still around. If I remember correctly the Hodgdon family owned it, Bruce was always at our meetings.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
January 13, 2019, 07:14 AM
kimberkid
Not exactly KC, but in Topeka there' a shop/indoor range called the Gun Garage that has a good selection of New & Used guns as well as parts, receivers & stocks ... its where I bought my CZ Shadow2 and first binary AR trigger ... they have good prices too!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
January 13, 2019, 08:38 AM
alptraum
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

Wow, I belonged to a gun club that had it's monthly meetings there back in the early 80's. Nice to know it's still around. If I remember correctly the Hodgdon family owned it, Bruce was always at our meetings.

Yes, the place goes back a long ways. Hodgdon built it around 1967, they sold it around 1982. Shop is still very close to them and I believe the only direct retail dealer of their products in the country.
January 13, 2019, 03:04 PM
walker77
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

I heard it was one of the first indoor ranges in the country.

Its really gone down hill. They haven't updated anything. Makes you feel like you need a tetanus shot when you leave there.
January 13, 2019, 03:40 PM
mesabi
I first went to the Bullet Hole indoor range more than 20 years ago, and still visit several times a year, especially during the winter months. They haven't updated much, but I don't really know what there is to update. There's always Frontier Justice if you want a more refined experience. (Which you will pay for.)

Talking to one of the Bullet Hole employees this past fall, he said they have a new owner who has some big modernization plans.
January 13, 2019, 07:10 PM
alptraum
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
I first went to the Bullet Hole indoor range more than 20 years ago, and still visit several times a year, especially during the winter months. They haven't updated much, but I don't really know what there is to update. There's always Frontier Justice if you want a more refined experience. (Which you will pay for.)

Talking to one of the Bullet Hole employees this past fall, he said they have a new owner who has some big modernization plans.

I've worked there for about four years, and have been running the place for about a year and a half. The ownership changed this past summer. I'm finally able to make a lot of changes I've been wanting to for quite awhile. So expect quite a few improvements in the future. We've already greatly improved the lighting and heating upstairs, and have more in the works.
January 14, 2019, 12:59 PM
IndianaBoy
Black Rifle LLC in Boonville would be a little bit of a drive, but they generally have a good supply of parts on hand. Lots of complete rifles but they generally had parts on hand as well. It has been a while since I have been there, you may want to call and ask what they have. They always had a good supply of higher end optics than you can generally lay hands on in a storefront. Especially Trijicon glass. They had accupoints, ACOGs, and the like in stock.

There is a good winery there called Les Bourgeois that severs a pretty tasty meal at their bistro if you want to grab a meal while you are there.