SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "Best" AR/5.56 magazines....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Best" AR/5.56 magazines.... Login/Join 
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
PMAGS, yo. I put a batch of M2s through absolute hell on deployment and they never let me down. They absolutely just work.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all good till you try them in something that is not actually an AR like a SCAR, HK, Bren, etc.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I use D&H mags mostly because of the SCAR issues plus when they/were on sale for $6.99 hard to pass them up.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have about 20 USGI mags...when or if I break them I will replace them with Pmags.

The poly ones don't break when your buddy backs over them while you are at the range.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
When I needed to buy mags for mine, I asked an E7 SEAL I know who is now in the reserves, for advice. His recommendation was P-Mag, and when I asked why, he said because they don't break, and they don't bend. You can drive a vehicle over them, and they will still function. You bend, drop or crush a metal magazine, and it is done.

This made sense to me, so I have stocked up on P-mags.

Well I'll send said SEAL the three PMAGS that have broken feed lips to him.

LANCERS and nothing else for me.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:

Well I'll send said SEAL the three PMAGS that have broken feed lips to him.

LANCERS and nothing else for me.

Sig Forum's own SOCOM medic stated that P-Mags start having problems with cracks at the rear of the mag just below the feed lips. He also said the round counts were approaching the 100k mark so I guess if you can afford 100k of ammo an $8 P Mag has done it's service.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USGI retrofitted with a magpul follower. For polymer, I'd look at Gen 3 Pmag and Tango down.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Pmags (gen 2 and 3) as well as HK maritime mags...

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
For us, any respectable mags without a date stamp are good to go. Wink

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post