SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    HK MR762 comments?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK MR762 comments? Login/Join 
posted
Saw an HK MR762 at the new LGS that carries higher end stuff than the others. It's not cheap but the price isn't really jacked up either. They also have a couple SCAR 20s.

Of course I don't NEED a 7.62 semi-auto, but if I did get one...

Any commments, experience, etc.?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Saw an HK MR762 at the new LGS that carries higher end stuff than the others. It's not cheap but the price isn't really jacked up either. They also have a couple SCAR 20s.

It’s a good quality gun, but heavy, expensive, and only takes proprietary magazines. Also, almost all of the gun is proprietary, so you’re mostly limited to expensive and hard to find HK factory parts. You can use an AR grip, but that’s about all. Not much aftermarket. Geissele makes a trigger, which is pretty expensive, when you can find it. They also made a very short production run of handguards, which mostly went to military users. Also a lot of people dislike the pushpins between the upper and lower, which require a tool or bullet tip to depress a detent in the center of the pin to allow the pin to be moved in or out. While you can replace the rear pushpin with a standard AR pin, the front pin is a unique size and the only pin that fits is on for the HK417, which is hard to find in the US. Finally, like the MR556 counterpart, the barrels aren’t chrome lined, which is a big point to some.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

It’s a good quality gun, but heavy, expensive, and only takes proprietary magazines. Also, almost all of the gun is proprietary, so you’re mostly limited to expensive and hard to find HK factory parts. You can use an AR grip, but that’s about all. Not much aftermarket. Geissele makes a trigger, which is pretty expensive, when you can find it. They also made a very short production run of handguards, which mostly went to military users. Also a lot of people dislike the pushpins between the upper and lower, which require a tool or bullet tip to depress a detent in the center of the pin to allow the pin to be moved in or out. While you can replace the rear pushpin with a standard AR pin, the front pin is a unique size and the only pin that fits is on for the HK417, which is hard to find in the US. Finally, like the MR556 counterpart, the barrels aren’t chro

I have one and agree with everything above. But it sure more accurate than my SCAR 17s. For the money it costs i'd get a LaRue OBR which is more accurate than the MR762 and parts are easy to get from LaRue and their service has been excellent for me..

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post