SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What's your favorite AR trigger?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite AR trigger? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Geissele SSA-E is by far the best overall trigger.
I have used this the most but also many of the others including the SD-E and the Match Trigger.
The MT is the absolute best only because of the adjustability.
Otherwise the SD-E and the SSA-E are 96.785% as good.
YMMV

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I should own stock in Geissele, based solely on the number of triggers I've bought from them, between AR's, SCAR's, and MPX's. Razz

My personal favorite is the SD3G, but I agree, the SSA-E is by far the best overall product they sell.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
JP Rifles single stage for precision, Timney single stage for competition and a Nickel-Boron coated trigger with JP spring kit for home defense use.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Geissle ssa-e for me. I have them on most of my 556 and 308 ar's

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Geissele SSA-E if your budget allows.

Larue MBT2s is a close 2nd at 1/3rd the cost.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Hey all-

I'm over here pondering the universe of AR triggers. So many!
Help me sort them out, a bit.

What's your favorite all-around AR trigger?
Favorite "fighting AR" trigger?
Favorite precision trigger?
Favorite "best buy/budget" trigger?

Let's leave budget out of everything but the "best buy/budget" category.

Bruce

I have use the following triggers:

Mil-Spec from Colt and DPMS.
CMC single stage trigger module.
Geissele SSA.
JP Single Stage EZ Trigger.
Hiperfire Hipertouch Elite.

Out of all of them, my favorite is the Hipertouch Elite. I still have all of the above listed triggers. If I were doing it all over again I would have the Hiperfire in every rifle.

Similar cost among most of them although the CMC is quite a bit cheaper. It is a good value but it is not nearly as good as the Hiperfire.

https://www.hiperfire.com/triggers/hipertouch-family/

If you take the time to delve into the design and engineering of the Hiperfire triggers, they actually went way above and behind the typical methods of most good trigger manufacturers. Those being, perfect geometry and polish, and lighter springs.

The Hiperfire triggers actually strike the primer harder than a mil spec trigger with stock springs. While having less spring tension on the hammer and sear interface while the trigger is fully cocked.

The toggle over design is simple and smart and it works really really well. I have no affiliation with the company, just a happy customer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaBoy,

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My actual favorite is my stock Colt trigger after it was touched up by a local gunsmith. The man was a savant with the AR trigger. He literally touched it to a belt sander for 0.1 second, stroked it twice with a stone, blew on it, put on a drop of oil and dropped it back in with the stock springs. It has a perfect carrot-like break and feels 2 lbs lighter. On a trigger scale it breaks right at 4.5 lbs. He has since quit the business so anything that has one of his triggers either stays or gets the trigger swapped out, if it gets sold Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
I have one AR10 & AR15 trigger -- Wilson Combat single stage TTU. It works for all my rifles and purposes. One will be hard pressed to find a trigger that is so crisp in its break, and one with such a short and positive reset.

Agreed!

I have several WC TTUs and swear by them.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSIGPACK
posted Hide Post
Love this one Geiselle SD3G have then in few of my ARs

Posts: 669 | Location: Orlando,FL. | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just can't beat at LaRue as far as I'm concered. They could sell it for twice the price and it would still be a deal.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Geissele SSA-E all day long.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
While I'm a fan of standard triggers with a solid reset, but by far my favorite trigger is the two Franklin Arms BFAII triggers I have.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post