SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Stock Suggestions
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Stock Suggestions Login/Join 
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted
First let me preface this NO MAGPUL

I need to replace my Magpul UBR, as it is missing screws and despite trying to work with Magpul they've done nothing but send me the wrong screws despite me showing them that their screws are too short for what is speced on the label.

So I am looking for a rock solid stock, that has a good cheek weld forward of the stock like the UBR. That means most adjustable stocks are out. Light weight would be a bonus.

And let me repeat NO MAGPUL.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
B5 Enhanced SOPMOD

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you find an adjustable stock that is mustache friendly.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I've got a lot of different stocks. But my favorite is the Magpul STR (sorry). But also like my VLTOR EMOD just as much.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... I've been looking at Troy's Battle Ax CQB Stock - 7 ozs, storage capacity, QD swivel sockets.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
VLTOR

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Colt SP1 or A1 stock.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
If I don't use a Magpul I use the Vltor or ACE.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Guessing you mean for an AR.

I have an LMT SOPMOD on my SBR and love it.

Only other one I have is the Magpul, and I've not had any problems with it. If I were you, I'd just return it to where you got it from and get a replacement that (hopefully) has the correct screws. They really are nice.

As for the VLTOR shown by grumpybiker, if you have any facial hair, don't do it. It gets caught in the stock and hurts like a biatch.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
You could go with the Vltor ARM Rifle Stock, in either A1 or A2 length:

https://www.vltor.com/shop/stocks/arm-rifle-stock/

Chris

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for the VLTOR shown by grumpybiker, if you have any facial hair, don't do it. It gets caught in the stock and hurts like a biatch.

Thanks!
That's one I can scratch off a search.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Either the Veltor of the LMT Sopmod. Of the 2 I'd go with the Veltor. It costs quite a bit less than the Sopmod iirc.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
B5 Enhanced SOPMOD

+1 on this. I've got a B5 Enhanced SOPMOD on my SBR. It's solid.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Check out the ACE skeleton stock

Rock solid - Check
Light weight - Check
Good cheek weld ahead of the typical adjustable stock area - Check
Not Magpul - Check

It uses the standard rifle-length buffer and tube.

Or, if you want even lighter, there's the ACE Ultralight (ARUL) stock.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
I recently put a Daniel's Defense stock on mine and I absolutely love it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Why is the wiggle bad? I have never had it make the gun less accurate, when the gun is in my shoulder I don't feel wiggle.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
LMT or B5 SOPMOD. I have both. The B5 version is cheaper.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
If you've not yet found something, check out XLR. They make holt gun chassis, but the stocks attach to an A2 rifle buffer tube (not an adjustable tube). Since they are designed for bolt guns, they have all the adjustments you would ever want from cheek weld, etc.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Report This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Tacmod

http://www.gamaliel.com/AR15Ac...Adjustable_Stock.asp

I'm guessing that thing works great, because it could not possibly be any uglier Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Report This Post