SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Streamlight PROTAC HL-X
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlight PROTAC HL-X Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
at AIM for $120 shipped. Tempted. Anyone have it? How is it?
1000 lumens. That alone will kill you. Eek

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
-High Lumens: 1,000
-Max Candela: 27,600
-Range of Light / Distance: 332 meters
-Max Runtime: 1.25 hours
-Battery Styles: Rechargeable, Non-Rechargeable
-Battery Types: 18650 Lithium Ion Battery, CR123A Lithium
-Length5.43 inches (13.79 centimeters)
-Weight: 6.40 ounces (181.44 grams) - 6.90 ounces (195.61 grams)

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Midway and Amazon have it for $100-110, FYI.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many options in that price range.

This NiteCore kit is $80
The P10/P12 are great lights. The GT's (P10/12GT) is their latest version which is brighter.
http://www.nitecorestore.com/N...nite-p10gt-combo.htm

Or buy a 1" mount and then buy whichever light trips your buttons.

Odin Works 1" mount for key-mod or m-lok rails.
http://www.primaryarms.com/odi...t-for-keymod-acc-flm

NiteCore's Bright 1800 Lumen Light EC23 for $55
http://www.nitecorestore.com/N...t-p/fl-nite-ec23.htm

Olight's M2R 1500 Lumen Light for $99
https://www.olightstore.com/le...s/olight-m2r-warrior

I think Olight even has a 2300 Lumen light, but I can't seem to locate it right now. Only one I find is the right angle 'head lamp' version.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Have one on my HD rifle, works great.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another good review:
https://youtu.be/xcTtYLBdlaU

Packaged with pressure pad/cable management "shoe" for a very reasonable price:
https://clouddefensive.com/col...ht-and-lcsmk2k-combo

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crappy cell pic

I am really digging on mine. Installed it a few weeks ago with a Thorntail mount.

Dudes on YouTube seem to really like it and I was able to verify it against my SurFire M600 Fury Scout that it has as good or better light output performance. If it has as good longevity as the Scout only time will tell. But at about one third the price I am willing to give it a try.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have one on an SBR and really like it. Well worth $120.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I have one on my work rifle.

It makes dark areas light and makes people shut their eyes and beg for mercy.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I have one coming today for an 870 Tac 14. Can report back later.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I got the Inforce Gen. 2 and am in the market for another for my .300 Black, I really like the Inforce. I've heard some negatives on it, but haven't been able to see them for myself.

How does this one stack up, better? Should I diversify?

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I got the Inforce Gen. 2 and am in the market for another for my .300 Black, I really like the Inforce. I've heard some negatives on it, but haven't been able to see them for myself.

I have a gen 1 inforce. The streamlight beats it all areas with the exception of weight size and rail space. I would diversify it is a significant performance increase.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

I have a gen 1 inforce. The streamlight beats it all areas with the exception of weight size and rail space. I would diversify it is a significant performance increase.

Thanks for the advice, I'll move the Inforce from my DDM4V7 over to the 9" BCM .300B and add the Streamlight to my DD, it's my do it all carbine.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Got one on the way, Amazon Prime $105.00

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Bought the one off amazon to try on a rifle. Should be here tomorrow

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I bought a Fenix of the same caliber. The 1K lumens will put your eyes out. Darth Vader backs up when I switch it on! Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Cloud Defense shoe is on the way, I think the switch is the weak point on an awesome light. I hope the shoe makes it perfect.

Thanks for the link, g4tx, looks like a great product.