SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kel Tec RDB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel Tec RDB Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else have one of these? Went to the indoor range over the weekend for a general function check, initial sight in, and gas system adjustment. So far I'm impressed. It ran through 120 rounds without a hiccup, except when I deliberately undergassed it while I was tuning the gas system. Seems much better balanced than my AUG and definitely the Tavor. Also cheaper than both. Only nits were that the handguard got noticeably warm during a mag dump (no heat shield) and after shooting, the rear rail screw was loose (a common issue based of postings). I put some rockset on the screw, which should fix that. Think they've made some tweaks to the design over time, but mine is a recent production Rxx serial, so it should be GTG.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but I would like to have one. That and the AUG are really the only bullpups that I'm interested in.

I think that the Kel Tec RDB has about all that you could ask for. Fully ambitious and we'll balanced.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been tempted by the RDB just haven't pulled the trigger on buying it yet. Glad to hear you like it.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Wear a long sleeve shirt when shooting from the bench, and NOT synthetic, like a fishing shirt.

Posts: 15842 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are three Kel-Tec firearms that I will eventually get - The Sub2000 (Glock mags), and both bullpups (5.56 & .308). I stopped by their booth at the NRA show and got to handle all three. Funds are needed for house and vehicle repairs/projects so can't pick any of them up right now.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been recently in the market for one to go along with my RFB Hunter. There is one locally that is a "demo" from one of their other shops, but they want 1100.00 for it + tax. If it was a year ago I would've pulled the trigger but I've seen them lately on the auctions & some e-tailers for under a grand. In fact I had one in my cart at Classic and when I hit the "buy" button at the checkout I got the out of stock notice. I had the rug pulled out from under me but hopefully they'll get some more in soon. For 899.00 I think it's a pretty good buy.

FG42 Type G, Ruger GSR, P250 Compact 9mm w/45ACP Compact conversion, H&K VP9 & other cool stuff.

100% disabled veteran

Posts: 696 | Location: central NC | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post