SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli SuperNova Tactical *Full tactical Update (w/pictures)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli SuperNova Tactical *Full tactical Update (w/pictures) Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
After having my 28" Nova 12 Gauge for 18 years I've added its cousin to my vault.

I love these shotguns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ThankGod4Sig,

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an 870 fan, since one kept me company in the patrol car for many years.
But my Nova Tactical is every bit as good. The Magazine Cutoff system is great!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Love those Novas. Just picked up a 20 for my son. My only complaint is the LOP seems a little long.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Love my SN Tactical, has been 100% reliable since I brought it home.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Love my SN Tactical, has been 100% reliable since I brought it home.

Have you done anything special to it?

& maybe some sort of red dot

I was thinking about added these items

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I wanted to add a mag tube extension, which required the gun to be in compliance with 922(r), so I replaced the mag follower with a US made version from Nordic Components and a US made hammer for the M4 from Geissele (same as the SN hammer, just has an extra notch that the SN doesn't use). This got me to ten imported parts. After those changes I added a Nordic Components +2 extension and barrel clamp with integrated rail section and QD mount. Beyond that pretty much stock.

I've contemplated adding a red dot as well, however I'm fairly content with the ghost ring sights. I would like a side saddle to carry some extra rounds and possibly add a rail section on top.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Went pretty much full tactical with this one. Found a sale on the SiG Romeo 5 red dot so I picked it up today for $139.99 local

He's what it look like this week