SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A sad day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sad day Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted
We are surveying a number of old weapons; almost all are from the $1 Uncle Sam military cast offs, but were used for many a year with confidence. There are M16-A1's, A2's, M4's, and two beautiful full sized FN 20" beasts. All are giggle switch ready, but we're defanged as per agency regs for patrol use. I have the painful task of breaking them down for shipping the serialized receivers to be destroyed. Most of the carbines are stamped 1982 at their last armoring with the military.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is sad..... Frown

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll give ya $2 each to save them... Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happens to the rest of the parts?

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
What happens to the rest of the parts?

Destroyed in house unfortunately. Some have significant wear, and probably needed to go, but even so, it breaks the heart.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
They won't miss one of them...just one.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9686 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tragic.... truly a sad day

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is going to happen to the parts? I could use some A1 rear sights.... Would the good parts be up for sale?

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I get the receiver part, (once a machinegun, always a machinegun) but the parts are worth some $$$

shame the stuff that gages well or can be reused cannot be kept for spares at least

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I get the receiver part, (once a machinegun, always a machinegun) but the parts are worth some $$$

shame the stuff that gages well or can be reused cannot be kept for spares at least

I would love for it to be otherwise; I vastly prefer the simplicity of the E1 upper over the later drum sights. This all goes into the "sad" part.

posted Hide Post
That is sad. Those should all be sold through the CMP. And "once a MG always a MG" is total BS. The old ATF vs. Vollmer case pretty clearly established this, yet ATF continues to apply it as the law of the land.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post