SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA .308 lower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA .308 lower? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Anyone have any input on the PSA 'Gen 2' PA10?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Watching this with lots of interest. If I wind up with enough play money for another rifle the idea of a sub $700 .308 is attractive.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I did some Googling. I found more frog's hair and hen's teeth than I did good reviews about the PA10, of any generation. Apparently the big deal is since there is no real 'milspec' to go off of, PSA's entry into the .308 AR world doesn't really play well with other parts. Everything is proprietary and even then, doesn't work well.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I think it uses AR15 FCG, and dpms pattern mags but I could be wrong.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of their lowers, two are built. My first one is matched with a 18 inch Alpha shooting sports upper. Shoots great, open sites for now using the cheap Q ammo from Walmart. Upper and lower fits good.

http://www.alphashootingsports.com/default.asp

My second has a 20inch Aero precision upper. Again just open sites and cheap Q ammo shoots great.Upper and lower fit is good. They use the magpul magazines.

When I get time this summer I hope to put a scope on them and really find out the grouping.

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post