SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A technical look at the Gewehr 88/05
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A technical look at the Gewehr 88/05 Login/Join 
Picture of Josh Smith
posted
Hello,

I've not done an all-original article in a while, and I miss it. I hope you find it helpful.

If you have trouble viewing this, you may see it at http://smith-sights.com/tech-look-gew88 .

There are multiple JPEGs below and one large JPEG at the link. You may right-click-save-as if you find this guide helpful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Very neat post, and thank you for sharing! I enjoy these sort of deep-dives into firearms. Smile

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good work!!! I like it.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
A collector friend of mine just bought one of these. We took it out to the range and I was detonating 8 inch pumpkins at 100 yards with ease. Great rifle.

Question; his seems to be missing the ejector. From what I gather this is fairly common. He has found a few blog posts on how to DIY your own. Any insight would be most helpful.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Brilliant and useful post, Sir.

tac from NWFA.

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great post, thank you.

I collected military weapons for years and sold them all shortly before I retired. Didn't expect to live so long after my retirement or I might have waited a few years to sell them.

Anyway, I had several of these 88s and constantly upgraded them if I got the chance. The last one was quite nice and I shot it with very light cast bullet loads.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Good stuff.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post